Discuss Detroit » Archives - Connections II » FSC - September 28th « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Billybbrew
Username: Billybbrew

Post Number: 222
Posted on Wednesday, September 27, 2006 - 9:57 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I stopped at Abick's tonite to let them know of our impending FSC nite there. Manya said she would be making us a pot of her homemade chili. A very nice welcome back for us. See you all tomorrow. Sorry Itsjeff, wanted to post about the chili before I forgot....

Itsjeff
Username: Itsjeff

Post Number: 6942
Posted on Thursday, September 28, 2006 - 7:34 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Guards, arrest that man!

Gannon
Username: Gannon

Post Number: 6873
Posted on Thursday, September 28, 2006 - 7:44 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Where'd you get a budget for guards?!

I see, goin' for the bling war against the Big Diamond, huh? You just HAD to go hire a double-secret executive protection unit, didncha?!

I bet he lines his handcuffs...and has more posing credits on his resume than Kate Moss...you probably only hired him because he asked that million dollar question, "Do you know who the FUCK I am?!"

You won't be able to keep him on the payroll forever, Itsjeff. None of us will suffer an increase in annual dues willingly. Plus, I think the newbies are catching onto your 'one drink' promise.

Itsjeff

Post Number: 6943
Posted on Thursday, September 28, 2006 - 8:55 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

For those of you still reading, the FSC will be at Abick's Bar, off Livernoise in southwest Detroit. Location and directions: http://tinyurl.com/ry4hu

If you've never been, it's a great old bar that we've enjoyed many times. And as mentioned above, they feed us home made chilli or lasagna. (Either are worth driving over your mothers-in-law to get to.)

See you tonight around 9:00 at Abick's.

Mikie
Username: Mikie

Post Number: 31
Posted on Thursday, September 28, 2006 - 10:13 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Wow, that's a name I haven't heard in awhile. Abicks is about 3 blocks from where I grew up, on Edward street, I used to walk past it every day on the way to school!

I'm going to have to make an effort to be there tonight and take a look at the old neighborhood!

Itsjeff

Post Number: 6945
Posted on Thursday, September 28, 2006 - 10:36 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Be good to see you again, Mikie.

Itsjeff

Post Number: 6947
Posted on Thursday, September 28, 2006 - 11:33 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

A really nice time tonight. Abick's is always fun. No chilli, but they did get us some great pizza from Fat Tony's. Good to see Jelk, Histeric, Dabirch, Toolbox, Mikie, Track75, E_Hemingway, Jams, Barnesfoto and Billybbrew.

Stonehouse next week. More details later.

Supersport
Username: Supersport

Post Number: 10687
Posted on Friday, September 29, 2006 - 9:14 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Good thing I didn't go, as I already saw Jelk once this week. Another dose of him and I'd "T.O."

Itsjeff

Post Number: 6948
Posted on Friday, September 29, 2006 - 9:41 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

You really could have stopped after, "Good thing I didn't go."

Mikem
Username: Mikem

Post Number: 2881
Posted on Friday, September 29, 2006 - 12:41 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Greetings from Fargo!

Stonehouse sounds good but, speaking of Fargo, will the Dakota Inn be in the rotation anytime soon?

Itsjeff

Post Number: 6952
Posted on Friday, September 29, 2006 - 1:08 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

We went to the Dakota during Octoberfest last year. Even though we got there early (we met for dinner) the place was jam-packed with people doing the chicken dance, we had to wait a long time to get a table for 10, service was spotty and because of the live music, we could barely hear ourselves. (Although the food was outstanding and the music was great. And Jelk cut a mean chicken dance.)

We should definitely go there again, but not during October.

Jams
Username: Jams

Post Number: 3796
Posted on Friday, September 29, 2006 - 1:09 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

In a mood for some Oktoberfest drinking songs?

Sounds good to me!

Might be a problem with their hours though.

Mikem

Post Number: 2882
Posted on Friday, September 29, 2006 - 1:46 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Alright then, we'll wait for the drunken Germans to leave before we go there.

"Well, what'd this guy look like anyways?"

Mr. Mohra: "Oh, he's a little guy, kind of funny looking."

Officer Olson: "Ah ha. In what way?"

Mr. Mohra: "Oh, just in a general kind of way."

Itsjeff

Post Number: 6953
Posted on Friday, September 29, 2006 - 1:55 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

You have no call to get snippy with me; I'm just trying to do my job here.

Mikem

Post Number: 2883
Posted on Friday, September 29, 2006 - 2:38 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

"it looks like it will get cold tomorrow"

Itsjeff

Post Number: 6956
Posted on Friday, September 29, 2006 - 2:44 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Norm Gunderson: They announced it.
Marge Gunderson: They announced it?
Norm Gunderson: Yeah.
Marge Gunderson: So?
Norm Gunderson: Three-cent stamp.
Marge Gunderson: Your mallard?
Norm Gunderson: Yeah.
Marge Gunderson: Oh, that's terrific.
Norm Gunderson: It's just a three-cent stamp.
Marge Gunderson: It's terrific.
Norm Gunderson: Hautman's blue-winged teal got the 29-cent. People don't much use the three-cent.
Marge Gunderson: Oh, for Pete's sake. Of course they do. Whenever they raise the postage, people need the little stamps.

Mikem

Post Number: 2884
Posted on Friday, September 29, 2006 - 6:23 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

You're darn tootin'!

Urbanvaquero
Username: Urbanvaquero

Post Number: 323
Posted on Friday, September 29, 2006 - 7:52 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I have an Oktoberfest song:

"London Bridge is falling down/
Falling down, Falling down!
London Bridge is falling down/
Myyyyyyy Fairrrrrr Ladyyyyyy"

Sorry I missed all y'all yesterday.
Hope to see everyone soon enuff.

--Brenda

Erikd
Username: Erikd

Post Number: 738
Posted on Sunday, October 01, 2006 - 7:15 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Brenda,

Isn't that the new song by Fergie?

Bvos
Username: Bvos

Post Number: 2022
Posted on Monday, October 02, 2006 - 10:48 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

And what about the other fella?

He was a little older. Looked like the Marlboro man.

Yah?

Yah. Maybe I'm sayin' that cause he smoked Marlboros.

Uh-huh.

A subconscious-type thing.

Yah, that can happen.

Yah.

They said they were goin' to the Twin Cities?

Oh, yah?

Yah.

Yah. Is that useful to ya?

Oh, you bet, yah.

Hope you had fun in Fargo MikeM. I hear the Fargo Dome is the place to be!

Gannon
Username: Gannon

Post Number: 6875
Posted on Tuesday, October 03, 2006 - 7:39 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Dip a wing when you're flying over Minneapolis, Mikem, I'm back here for a few days!

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.