Discuss Detroit » Archives - Connections II » My yearly move (possibly Detroit again) Advice? « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Steelworker
Username: Steelworker

Post Number: 732
Posted on Tuesday, September 26, 2006 - 12:30 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I know where to find buildings in midtown, New Center, ect..., and I do know all the websites where to find them. My Question is personal experiances with apartments and there management? Parking is must(no issues with your spot). Ive had tons of bad experiances and im looking to avoid that mistake.

Itsjeff
Username: Itsjeff

Post Number: 6926
Posted on Tuesday, September 26, 2006 - 12:49 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

<-----

Steelworker, please send me an e-mail. I know of a good building near downtown with top-notch management. I'll get you the contact info.

Supersport
Username: Supersport

Post Number: 10670
Posted on Tuesday, September 26, 2006 - 3:07 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Back already? haha Admit it, you missed it didn't ya?

As for a place to live, I have a friend selling/renting a place in midtown. Shoot me an email at supersport350 at hotmail.

Toolbox
Username: Toolbox

Post Number: 988
Posted on Tuesday, September 26, 2006 - 7:14 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

quote:

Supersport
As for a place to live, I have a friend selling/renting a place in midtown. Shoot me an email at supersport350 at hotmail.

I am sure there is no way in hell Steelworker wants to live near Section 8 housing again. That is one of the reasons units move sloooow in that building.

Supersport

Post Number: 10673
Posted on Tuesday, September 26, 2006 - 10:52 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Not sure what the renter and the suburbanite home owner above are talking about, but send me an email just the same Steelworker.

Steelworker

Post Number: 733
Posted on Wednesday, September 27, 2006 - 12:02 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I might be rushing my decision back to the D but im looking

Cafe
Username: Cafe

Post Number: 1420
Posted on Wednesday, September 27, 2006 - 4:17 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I know a house that is in need of a renter. The BEDI group in Boston Edison has renovated a house and is looking to get a renter for a while so the house doesn't sit empty during this bad housing period. At least get the house off the market for a year of two. If you are intersted, let Jeff know and I can send the contact information to you through him. I was told the Rent would be incredibly reasonable.

Buddyinrichmond
Username: Buddyinrichmond

Post Number: 64
Posted on Wednesday, September 27, 2006 - 7:57 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Gee whiz Supersport, calling someone a Suburbanite Homeowner in such a dismissive way ain't doing much for uniting the international family of communities surrounding the straits of detroit. That might be directed at Toolbox but there are more than him who fit that profile around here. Myself and Lowell included. We are clearly above average in our knowledge and sensitivity for detroit issues.

Itsjeff

Post Number: 6932
Posted on Wednesday, September 27, 2006 - 8:50 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Myself and Lowell included.

S'funny, because I'm sure I've seen you here in town. IE could be wrong...

Supersport

Post Number: 10674
Posted on Wednesday, September 27, 2006 - 9:23 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Steelworker,

I got some info on a home in Boston Edison as well, though not listed on the market, I know whom is representing the estate. They are pricing it to sell, so if you are pondering a house let me know as well. I sent you an email in regards to the loft, so keep an eye on your junk box if your emails are filtered. Mail me back if you'd like the info on the house, which I've been told could be had for a good $50K under appraised value.

Steelworker

Post Number: 734
Posted on Wednesday, September 27, 2006 - 12:04 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

That is a good deal supersport but im only looking for a 1 bedroom or studio. I dont need much space just safety(car). Im trying to go to school soon because i dont want to be a steelworker the rest of my life.

Alexei289
Username: Alexei289

Post Number: 1220
Posted on Thursday, September 28, 2006 - 8:30 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

damn, suburbanite seems to be a forbidden 11 letter word on this website...

Lightbulb
Username: Lightbulb

Post Number: 4
Posted on Thursday, September 28, 2006 - 11:09 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hey Steelworker,
You used to live near the Wayne State area, right? Do you plan on going to school there?
If so, their housing options are pretty good and rent is very reasonable. Management is pretty good and responsive. Parking will be the only drawback (somewhat).

P.S. These are the "apartment" options and not the newer dorm room like facilities that have been constructed.

(Message edited by lightbulb on September 28, 2006)

Spitty
Username: Spitty

Post Number: 483
Posted on Friday, September 29, 2006 - 11:03 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

not the best neighborhood in the world, but it's very cheap to buy. I think it was a foreclosure.

http://realtor.com/FindHome/Ho meListing.asp?snum=3&locallnk= yes&frm=byzip&mnbed=0&mnbath=0 &mnprice=0&mxprice=40000&js=of f&pgnum=1&fid=so&stype=&mnsqft =&mls=xmls&areaid=48202&poe=re altor&zp=48202&sbint=&vtsort=& sorttype=&typ=2&x=23&y=13&sid= 0755C7A3DF59C&snumxlid=1057779 366&lnksrc=00002

Supersport

Post Number: 10691
Posted on Friday, September 29, 2006 - 11:04 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Place on Commonwealth, first or second block off Grand River, for rent. Not sure if it's half a place or the whole house. They have a "For Rent" sign in the window.

Steelworker

Post Number: 736
Posted on Friday, September 29, 2006 - 12:44 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

hummm I have too much on my plate to figure out. Wanting to go to school soon(wsu) but also debating quiting my job(forced OT 12hrs 6 days aweek). So my moving options are tough. If i was going to be a steelworker for life then it would be easy to figure out.

Steelworker

Post Number: 737
Posted on Friday, September 29, 2006 - 11:46 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

wow looking around ive found average rent is going up alot.

Itsjeff

Post Number: 6958
Posted on Saturday, September 30, 2006 - 12:13 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Wait'll you see tuition.

Steelworker

Post Number: 738
Posted on Saturday, September 30, 2006 - 3:17 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

yeah ive seen it when i went to WSU in 1997 whole year was onlya bout 5 grand maybe little less

Toolbox
Username: Toolbox

Post Number: 994
Posted on Saturday, September 30, 2006 - 7:01 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

quote:

Spitty
not the best neighborhood in the world, but it's very cheap to buy. I think it was a foreclosure.

Garmont Manor Listing

The problem with Garmont is the parking is across the street and only gated, Seward is blocked at the Woodward end and the section 8 housing is a drain on the block with the drug trade. THe units are decent for a Farbman project

Steelworker

Post Number: 739
Posted on Saturday, September 30, 2006 - 1:12 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

huuh

Moreta
Username: Moreta

Post Number: 278
Posted on Sunday, October 01, 2006 - 6:12 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

A bunch of rentals on Commonwealth were listed on Craigslist last I looked.

Steelworker

Post Number: 743
Posted on Tuesday, October 03, 2006 - 12:00 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

LOL did a hypothetical how much more my car insurance would be if i moved to lafayette park area. ohh a hundred dollars more a month to a wopping total of 270 dollars a month. Well I guess I will just have to lie if I decided to move back to the D.

Supersport

Post Number: 10717
Posted on Tuesday, October 03, 2006 - 2:36 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I wouldn't think any less of ya. I had my schitt forwarded from Dearborn for my first year or two. I figure that what they are doing in terms of rates is borderline illegal, why should I be concerned about a little white lie?

Steelworker

Post Number: 744
Posted on Wednesday, October 04, 2006 - 12:14 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Anyone know hamtramck neighorhood? im looking at a place on florian near jos compau. Is there better or worse areas in hamtramck? Ive never lived in hamtramck only drank there.

Steelworker

Post Number: 745
Posted on Wednesday, October 04, 2006 - 12:16 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

ANYone Familiar with hamtramck neighborhoods. IM looking at a house on florian near jos campau.

Supersport

Post Number: 10721
Posted on Wednesday, October 04, 2006 - 12:34 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

quote:

Ive never lived in hamtramck only drank there.

I liked your first post better than your second, as it included more detail. lol

Steelworker

Post Number: 746
Posted on Wednesday, October 04, 2006 - 11:54 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

So whats the good and bad of living in hamtramck???

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.