Discuss Detroit » Archives - Connections II » Detroit birthday party « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Lakesuperior
Username: Lakesuperior

Post Number: 135
Posted on Monday, September 18, 2006 - 3:18 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

ok, so i am being pestered about my birthday this year (it's a big one) and what i want to do. of course, when i get put on the spot like that, my mind goes blank. so--- i'm asking for your coolest, most fun ideas of places to go, things to do for a birthday party. just so you know- there needs to be alcohol available (we're lushes, sorry!) and i'm not really willing to travel too far out of the city, if at all.

i'm taking all ideas- from the most mundane seeming to the most bizarre! thanks.

Wmuchris
Username: Wmuchris

Post Number: 431
Posted on Monday, September 18, 2006 - 4:35 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Depends how old you are. What if we all started suggesting an AARP banquet or something?

Depends what day of the week.

How many people?

Season?

I think we need a little more information before we can make a suggestion to suit your needs.

Supersport
Username: Supersport

Post Number: 10621
Posted on Monday, September 18, 2006 - 4:54 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Guys or girls, old or young, you can't go wrong by going to the strip club. :-)

Wmuchris
Username: Wmuchris

Post Number: 432
Posted on Monday, September 18, 2006 - 5:05 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

The strip clubs in Windsor are much better!!!

Jjw
Username: Jjw

Post Number: 172
Posted on Monday, September 18, 2006 - 6:46 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

A party bus. Get it loaded with your spirits and food along with family and friends and do a tour of the city. Maybe stop at Belle Isle for a walk and break. Maybe hit a bar or restaurant or Eastern Market for a walk also.

Sharmaal
Username: Sharmaal

Post Number: 920
Posted on Monday, September 18, 2006 - 7:13 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Cadieux Cafe, rent out the Feather bowling! Everyone seems to enjoy it.

Crew
Username: Crew

Post Number: 1038
Posted on Tuesday, September 19, 2006 - 9:05 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Bowling! ....with strippers just for SS.

Harmonie
Username: Harmonie

Post Number: 618
Posted on Tuesday, September 19, 2006 - 11:25 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Do a specialized pub crawl of bars that are right up your alley. Inside Detroit plans and leads such things for people, including free shots and interesting Detroit info.
www.insidedetroit.org

Lakesuperior
Username: Lakesuperior

Post Number: 136
Posted on Tuesday, September 19, 2006 - 3:06 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

It's for my 30th birthday, it will be a mix of men and women, and it's the first week of October.

I don't mind strip clubs Supersport, but it's not how I'm envisioning the night!

Feather bowling might be a good idea...

Gannon
Username: Gannon

Post Number: 6824
Posted on Tuesday, September 19, 2006 - 3:12 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Somehow it doesn't sound like you should overdress for feather-bowling anyways.

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.