Discuss Detroit » Archives - Connections II » Fash Bash :: August 26, 2006 « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Dialh4hipster
Username: Dialh4hipster

Post Number: 1744
Posted From: 68.61.187.234
Posted on Monday, August 14, 2006 - 11:23 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Fash Bash
Saturday, August 26, 2006

Beaubien Place Rooftop
GM World Headquarters, Ren Cen
521 Atwater Street, Detroit

rain location: GM Wintergarden

Come and be mesmerized in a modern day Shangri-la,
with a breathtaking view of the Detroit River.
Experience the chic, sophisticated sights, tastes
and sounds of the hottest and most anticipated
event of the summer.

6:30pm - Patron and Sponsor Party
8:30pm - Benefactor Party
9:00pm - Elie Tahari Fashion Show and Live Auction
9:30pm - "Last Bash of Summer" The Ultimate After Party

Ticket Pricing
Premium Patron Package $750 for two tickets
Sponsor $250 each
Benefactor $125 each

For more information and to purchase tickets go to:
www.fashbash.com
or call the Fash Bash Hotline: 313-833-6954

Fash Bash is a benefit for the Detroit Institute of Arts.
The Founders Junior Council is an auxiliary of the DIA whose
mission is to engage young people in the enjoyment and support
of the museum.

(Message edited by dialh4hipster on August 14, 2006)

Everydayislikesunday
Username: Everydayislikesunday

Post Number: 249
Posted From: 66.178.207.98
Posted on Monday, August 14, 2006 - 11:27 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

the image is not showing up. is it the fjc graphic?

i am excited for the event to be outdoors this year. hopefully the weather cooperates.

Dialh4hipster

Post Number: 1745
Posted on Monday, August 14, 2006 - 3:10 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

(sorry for the problems with the graphic, and apparently you can't go back and edit that particular formatting tag ... here's the graphic that was supposed to head that up!)

fash bash

Susanarosa
Username: Susanarosa

Post Number: 1067
Posted From: 208.39.170.78
Posted on Monday, August 14, 2006 - 3:27 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I Loooove Tahari's clothes, especially their suits.

That's gonna be a great show.

Dialh4hipster

Post Number: 1752
Posted on Thursday, August 24, 2006 - 8:34 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

http://www.freep.com/apps/pbcs .dll/article?AID=/20060824/FEA TURES03/608240332/1025/FEATURE S

Dialh4hipster

Post Number: 1754
Posted From: 68.40.56.128
Posted on Thursday, August 24, 2006 - 9:03 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

And hey, not to be shameless promoter, but Fash Bash will be the exclusive sales venue for a limited edition "You Gotta Have Art" t-shirt, plus a VERY limited women's re-worked version of that shirt done by Barbra Horowitz, who does shirts for the hipper boutiques of the world, including Fred Segal.

http://www.barbrahorowitz.com/ line/index.html

Neither the re-worked nor the regular men's and women's t-shirts will be available after Fash Bash!

I'm just sayin' ...

Fnemecek
Username: Fnemecek

Post Number: 1854
Posted From: 68.255.167.153
Posted on Friday, August 25, 2006 - 9:47 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

FashBash, huh?

How much booze are they going have there? ;-)

http://www.detroitsynergy.org/ projects/pubcrawl/

Sharmaal
Username: Sharmaal

Post Number: 909
Posted From: 136.2.1.101
Posted on Friday, August 25, 2006 - 10:24 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Oh no! It's on. My pubcrawl can kick your event's @SS!

Really though, hope the rain holds out for you guys. It sounds like a great idea. Good luck with everything. Something tells me we aren't really competing for the same audience!

Dialh4hipster

Post Number: 1755
Posted on Friday, August 25, 2006 - 1:26 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Fash Bash is as much top-shelf liquor as you can physically drink! I mean, if you like Grey Goose, for example. Plus food. Lots of food. Plus hot babes.

Good luck on the pubcrawl too Sharmaal. That should be a good time. Forecast still seems to be ok, although not quite as sunny and bright as we'd like. It's a go for outside though!

Everydayislikesunday

Post Number: 252
Posted From: 66.184.65.140
Posted on Friday, August 25, 2006 - 1:27 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I hope the rain holds out, if not, the Wintergarden is lovely, too. However...i have bigger issues...my dress has not shipped yet. It is scheduled for arrival before 3pm tomorrow. :-(
I havent been to Fash Bash since the Fox days. With the talk about it being "more exclusive"...i have to wonder, did the women's attire change that much? I have a back up, black cocktail dress that might be appropriate...I'm at a loss of what to wear if my dress doesnt show.

(Message edited by everydayislikesunday on August 25, 2006)

Dialh4hipster

Post Number: 1756
Posted on Friday, August 25, 2006 - 2:12 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Well, people like to use the word "exclusive" when they mean "expensive." The event is totally open to the public, but it does cost more (an economic reality when you have no department store paying for the entire event like in the Hudson's/Marshall Fields days). We tried doing it the old way on our own once and we lost our shirts, so it had to change.

And frankly, I think the $125 ticket is a better value. The fashion show alone used to be $50, and now you get great food and top shelf liquor all night long. So it makes for a great fancy night out!

People dress up, definitely, but they wear all kinds of things. The focus is definitely more on "fashion" than on "costume" like in days of yore. I tell women to think "Sex and the City" if they are having a hard time with an outfit. You know, dressed up but not formal.

It *is* an outdoor party too, so that can also be a help in guiding fashion choices.

I hope your dress shows up! A black cocktail dress is ALWAYS appropriate if not, though!

Fnemecek

Post Number: 1856
Posted From: 70.225.112.145
Posted on Friday, August 25, 2006 - 6:35 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

quote:

Fash Bash is as much top-shelf liquor as you can physically drink! I mean, if you like Grey Goose, for example. Plus food. Lots of food. Plus hot babes.

Urgh!

Grey Goose is one small step above tiolet water, in my opinion. The stuff is 1% vodka and 99% marketing hype.

Sorry for the rant. I hope you have a successful event.

Dialh4hipster

Post Number: 1757
Posted on Saturday, August 26, 2006 - 2:29 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Frank, I'm not sure why your opinion on vodka is worth considering, or even relevant.

Fnemecek

Post Number: 1864
Posted From: 70.225.119.144
Posted on Saturday, August 26, 2006 - 11:22 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

It probably isn't.

But I'm an opininated bastard.

Kathleen
Username: Kathleen

Post Number: 1530
Posted From: 69.14.122.57
Posted on Sunday, August 27, 2006 - 10:39 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Congrats to all involved with this year's Fash Bash!!!! Sounds like it was a big success!!!

Rooftop Fash Bash amazes crowd

"It was another year of surprises for Fash Bash, the legendary Detroit fund-raiser for the Detroit Institute of Arts.

Organizers took the party outside, picking a rooftop at new Beaubien Place parking garage in the General Motors Renaissance Center complex.

Those who expected the venue to look like a decorated parking structure were in for a shock.

Event planner Party Harrison of Royal Oak transformed the rooftop into what organizers called a "Modern Shangri-La,..."

http://www.detnews.com/apps/pb cs.dll/article?AID=/20060827/E NT01/608270348

Dialh4hipster

Post Number: 1758
Posted From: 69.136.140.121
Posted on Sunday, August 27, 2006 - 7:11 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

All I'm sayin' is it went really well.

Everydayislikesunday

Post Number: 253
Posted From: 66.184.65.140
Posted on Monday, August 28, 2006 - 8:36 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

It was amazing. One of the best nights I have spent in a long while. Is there usually a FJC membership spike after Fash Bash? I know a great number of the attendees are already members, but the people that I knew and went with that were not, I'm pretty sure this event talked them into it.

I said this many times to some people that were involved...but, well done! It went off seemingly without a hitch. I hope it was a profitable evening as well ;-)

Dialh4hipster

Post Number: 1760
Posted on Tuesday, August 29, 2006 - 12:18 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Glad you had fun EDILS! Sometimes there is a spike in membership after Fash Bash, sometimes not so much. It depends on how happy people are with the event, I guess!

Here are some Model D photos of the night too:
http://www.modeldmedia.com/fea tures/fashb59.aspx

Note to Fnemecek: Vivian Pickard, whose quote about it being "very LA" seems to have bothered you so much on your blog, is in photo 9. In addition to being director of corporate relations at GM, she is the president of the Friends of African and African American Art at the DIA. I hope you do make it a point to actually smack her if you ever see her. I am sure she'd come around to your informed POV.

You sure know how to build bridges, Mr. Aspirational Community Activist.

(Message edited by dialh4hipster on August 29, 2006)

Cafe
Username: Cafe

Post Number: 1368
Posted From: 84.162.37.92
Posted on Tuesday, August 29, 2006 - 3:51 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

DIAL H!!!! you are the best. Thank you for posting that link. I am so jealous! What a great night! And I see you had a wonderful artist there with his crazy hat and pretty fashion forward girlfriend from Michelle Rachel ( I think that is the right name for her store in BHM). Keep up the good work! I want to go next year. I have to start teaching English lessons so I can make some $$$ to get over there and buy a ticket.

Now to searhc for fnemecek's blog.

Itsjeff
Username: Itsjeff

Post Number: 6693
Posted From: 69.136.149.133
Posted on Tuesday, August 29, 2006 - 7:28 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

It'll be fun to hear Germans say, "Mornin', y'all!"

Dialh4hipster

Post Number: 1761
Posted on Tuesday, August 29, 2006 - 8:39 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Shades was awesome! He did chalk graffiti all over the sidewalk at the entrance to the party. He worked all morning on Saturday, then it poured rain and he had to re-do it all an hour before the party!

And hey, don't bother searching. Here's the link.
http://nemecek.blogspot.com/20 06/08/i-want-to-smack-certain- people.html

Cafe

Post Number: 1369
Posted From: 84.162.6.77
Posted on Tuesday, August 29, 2006 - 11:08 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I found it pretty easily, but thanks. Shades is dreamy. I love him. I miss him too He and his brother used to come to the cafe and hang out opposite the counter all night. He is a great artist, and I know he added to the atmosphere. Even my father commented on what a good looking man Shades is upon meeting him. I think it is the eyes and the big smile.

ItsJeff, I will teach one of my neighbors "mornin' Y'all" just for you.
Now get your but over here before I come over there and hawl you back.

Fnemecek

Post Number: 1875
Posted From: 68.255.247.0
Posted on Tuesday, August 29, 2006 - 12:18 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

DialH:
Thanks for mentioning my blog.

As for Ms. Pickard - sometimes I build bridges and sometimes I rant about people saying really stupid things that I find to be insulting. It all works out in the end.

Dialh4hipster

Post Number: 1762
Posted From: 68.250.205.35
Posted on Tuesday, August 29, 2006 - 1:53 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Well, don't get too excited about all your free blog publicity on this thread. I am sure after people read one or two entries they'll find you're almost as interesting on there as you are on here.

What Vivian Pickard said wasn't stupid, but your interpretation and reaction to it was. LA pretty much pioneered that kind of outdoor modern party feel, so why shouldn't she use LA as an adjective?

And more importantly, don't you have anything more interesting in your life to get worked up about? I think your (over)reaction to this, as well as your other assumptions about an event neither you nor anyone you know actually attended, belies some other strange insecurities about events like this Fash Bash or people like Vivian who are potentially a little more cosmopolitan than you are.

Nobody means that kind of comment as an insult, and nobody says it to compare Detroit negatively. Why you get worked up about that is obviously some deeply personal issue you need to work through.

And for the record, if things being really "Detroit" were soooo great, why are capable and intelligent people literally fleeing the region? I think you need to take a realistic look at what Detroit *really* has to offer people - let's say professional people in their 30's - before you verbally assault them for comparing something favorably to another city.

Buddyinrichmond
Username: Buddyinrichmond

Post Number: 42
Posted From: 67.38.28.69
Posted on Tuesday, August 29, 2006 - 2:14 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

The multiple paragraph replies ad nausem on an irrelevent website is the best indicator of those harboring an overreaction.

Itsjeff
Username: Itsjeff

Post Number: 6695
Posted From: 208.27.111.125
Posted on Tuesday, August 29, 2006 - 2:28 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

The multiple paragraph replies ad nausem

All five of them?

Dialh4hipster

Post Number: 1763
Posted on Tuesday, August 29, 2006 - 3:13 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

In the context of this thread, this is definitely overkill.

In the context of my time on this forum, this is restraint. Trust me.

Fnemecek

Post Number: 1876
Posted From: 68.255.247.0
Posted on Tuesday, August 29, 2006 - 3:17 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

quote:

Well, don't get too excited about all your free blog publicity on this thread. I am sure after people read one or two entries they'll find you're almost as interesting on there as you are on here.

Only time will tell for sure how people will respond to my blog. Those who agree or disagree with my opinions are welcome to leave a comment on the blog or here.

Or start their own blog.

In fact, if it makes you feel any better, I happen to know that FNemecekIsADork.com is available.

quote:

What Vivian Pickard said wasn't stupid, but your interpretation and reaction to it was. LA pretty much pioneered that kind of outdoor modern party feel, so why shouldn't she use LA as an adjective?

We'll have to disagree with the wisdom of Ms. Pickard's words. That's the beauty of living in a free country.

You are wrong, however, about L.A. They didn't pioneer modern outdoor parties. It was happening in Europe long before it started happening in L.A.

Hollywood simply took what was going on in Europe and gave it a California feel. Oh, but they never said that it was "like Europe."

But then again, that kind of illustrates my point now doesn't it?

quote:

And more importantly, don't you have anything more interesting in your life to get worked up about?

I have lots going on in my life. That's why the blog averages 1 or 2 posts a day.

quote:

I think your (over)reaction to this, as well as your other assumptions about an event neither you nor anyone you know actually attended, belies some other strange insecurities about events like this Fash Bash or people like Vivian who are potentially a little more cosmopolitan than you are.

Where to start with that sentence?

First, insulting Detroit does not make one more "cosmopolitan". If it did, Jimmie Kimmel would hold the title of "World's Most Cosmopolitan Man". Ms. Pickard, in my opinion, was out of line with her comments and I posted my opinion in my blog.

Second, there's no point in getting all "arm-chair psychologist". People with legitmate academic creditials have already critiqued my state-of-mind in my blog's comment section. The most recent one was in this thread -> http://nemecek.blogspot.com/20 06/08/dwelling-on-dwell.html

You're welcome to search through the archives to find the other cases of it happening.

Third, as far as Fash Bash goes, I only made two comments about it. I made a passing comment about hipness of having an event on parking structure being overrated. Of course, I made that comment after attending a different event at the same parking structure.

My second comment was, of course, about Ms. Pickard's demeaning remarks.

quote:

And for the record, if things being really "Detroit" were soooo great, why are capable and intelligent people literally fleeing the region?

Um - the economy?

The sense that if folks are going to compare everything that's cool about Detroit to N.Y. & L.A., they may as move to N.Y. or L.A.?

Dialh4hipster

Post Number: 1764
Posted on Tuesday, August 29, 2006 - 4:35 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

OK, whatever.

Cafe

Post Number: 1371
Posted From: 84.162.38.249
Posted on Wednesday, August 30, 2006 - 3:59 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Excuse me, men in a tiff, I just want to say one little thing. About this comment: "Hollywood simply took what was going on in Europe and gave it a California feel. Oh, but they never said that it was "like Europe." "

Actually people say things are "European" all the time when they attend a chick gathering, or they notice a style that is SOOOO unAmerican.

Please continue with the spat. Come on hipster, you can do better than that last post.

Using a grafitti artist was a very "European" thing. How was the food selection? Was there a variety of Raw, or vegetarian food? If so...very L.A. The outdoor thing could be said to be very "Ikea" right now. They had several showrooms in their parking lots this summer. Ikea put out a shitload of sand and had tropical music playing and white textiles all over the furniture and some tents. It was great. Did anyone bring very small dogs who were dressed in very chick outfits? If so...very LA. Did anyone try and claim the roof top garage for an Urban farm? If so...very LA. Were there men in capri pants, looking fantastic? Is so...European. I could go on, but I think I have bored you enough.

I wish I could have been at Fash Bash. I think that just about anything dial H touches is golden. He is just a lot of fun and very stylish. Smooches.

Dabirch
Username: Dabirch

Post Number: 1815
Posted From: 208.44.117.10
Posted on Wednesday, August 30, 2006 - 9:10 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

quote:

I think that just about anything dial H touches is golden

that's why they call him the man with the golden "gun"

Cafe

Post Number: 1373
Posted From: 84.162.68.84
Posted on Wednesday, August 30, 2006 - 9:20 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I was thinking "Gold Finger", but I bet he will like Gun better, except that he would have a song with "Gold Finger".

Fnemecek

Post Number: 1884
Posted From: 69.220.233.86
Posted on Wednesday, August 30, 2006 - 9:52 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Cafe:
I'm glad to know that the verbal jousting between DialH and I amuses you.

To go back to the central point about Ms. Pickard's demeaning comments, though, you're right that there are people who refer to things as European. However, they don't refer to things in L.A. as being European.

If you doubt me, you're welcome to review the news coverage from the Emmy Awards last week and just count how many times you find a reference to something being European (or like any other place, for that matter).

I also encourage you to do the same thing for coverage of the Oscars, the Golden Globes or any of the movie premieres.

In short, I challenge you to find a single event that happened in L.A. in the past decade where it was descibed as being like another city or country and the commentator wasn't chewed out for said description.

Dialh4hipster

Post Number: 1767
Posted on Wednesday, August 30, 2006 - 10:05 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Holy shit, what a dilemma ... "The Man with the Golden Gun" by Lulu or "Goldfinger" by Shirley Bassey. Who could choose? Can't I be both?

Dabirch

Post Number: 1816
Posted on Wednesday, August 30, 2006 - 10:36 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I actually think it should be "the man with the golden rod"

get it?

Cafe

Post Number: 1375
Posted From: 84.162.33.32
Posted on Wednesday, August 30, 2006 - 10:41 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Dabirch...I don't get it, why a rod? Help me understand!

And the whole argument about things not being refered to as European is a bit silly. Really silly. Incredibly silly. The Fash Bash had an international flair...better?

Dial H...you have to choose one. How can you have an entrance song if you dont choose. I want to be able to break out into song when next I see your smiling, hip face!

Dabirch

Post Number: 1817
Posted on Wednesday, August 30, 2006 - 10:51 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Well Cafe, I was using "gun" in quotations as a reference to a penis. And we all know that DialH is one who touches his penis. Therefore if everything he touches turns to gold, then obviously his penis would be gold.

I then changed it to "rod" because I didn't believe you caught my gun reference, and thought I would be more obvious.

Obviously I did not think I would have to type out my train of thought -- but now I guess all can understand it.

Fnemecek

Post Number: 1885
Posted on Wednesday, August 30, 2006 - 10:57 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

quote:

And the whole argument about things not being refered to as European is a bit silly. Really silly. Incredibly silly. The Fash Bash had an international flair...better?

Okay, Cafe - if it was incredibly silly, why did you bring it up?

My point is world-class cities don't compare themselves to other places at every turn and they don't put up with nitwits who do.

Hence, the posting in my blog.

Cafe

Post Number: 1376
Posted on Wednesday, August 30, 2006 - 10:57 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Cool. A gun refers to a penis...I get it now! I feel better now that I am om the same page as Dabirch. I guess a Gold Finger might refer to a small penis, and my suggestion might be considered insulting...except that the song is so good.

Dabirch

Post Number: 1818
Posted on Wednesday, August 30, 2006 - 11:14 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Maybe we could use "6 inch gold blade" by The Birthday Party, although I don't think DialH would like that one that much either...

Cafe

Post Number: 1377
Posted on Wednesday, August 30, 2006 - 11:17 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

How about "Big 10 inch" by Aerosmith?

Dabirch

Post Number: 1819
Posted on Wednesday, August 30, 2006 - 11:20 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

ummm...i think I have talked about this topic enough.

Great party though, wasn't it?

Dialh4hipster

Post Number: 1770
Posted on Wednesday, August 30, 2006 - 11:24 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Oh Frank, she brought it up because it was silly.

And Detroit is not a world-class city currently. Sorry, it isn't.

Regardless, world-class cities are ALWAYS having comparisons made amongst each other. I think the only reason you've got your panties in a twist is because when someone mentions Detroit someplace else it's generally (ok, universally) negative. And besides, who made you the person who decides what Detroit does and does not tolerate?

Now MY point is what kind of jerk criticizes a CHARITY EVENT that he didn't attend, thrown by an ALL-VOLUNTEER GROUP whose programs he does not support. An event that got a great review and was entirely enjoyed by everyone interviewed.

And what kind of myopic simpleton picks one random person's off-the-cuff comment to rant about? In the grand scheme of what you are trying to do with DSG and FOBC, is that really what gets you worked up?

What if this had been a Mardis Gras party and someone said "It was very New Orleans," what would you say about that?

Sometimes an adjective is just an adjective.

And Cafe, sometimes a finger is just a finger!

Dialh4hipster

Post Number: 1771
Posted on Wednesday, August 30, 2006 - 11:24 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

quote:

Maybe we could use "6 inch gold blade" by The Birthday Party, although I don't think DialH would like that one that much either...

I wouldn't throw it out of bed ...

Cafe

Post Number: 1378
Posted on Wednesday, August 30, 2006 - 11:28 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Frank...My first post on this topic was silly. I can be silly, it is part of my nature. You were not being silly. It came across like you were trying to be provocative, but it was just silly. Sorry. At least the lady was there to have an opinion. I would have loved to have been at the party.

Fnemecek

Post Number: 1886
Posted on Wednesday, August 30, 2006 - 11:32 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Okay - so go to the party. Have a blast. Be as downright silly as you want to.

Just don't demean Detroit in the process or get miffed when I write a blog posting about those who do.

Dialh4hipster

Post Number: 1773
Posted on Wednesday, August 30, 2006 - 11:41 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I love how this has turned into demeaning Detroit.

Unbelievable.

I can't wait until I meet you in person Frank. That's gonna be a fun conversation.

Valkyrias
Username: Valkyrias

Post Number: 329
Posted From: 66.238.129.197
Posted on Wednesday, August 30, 2006 - 11:44 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

not to COMPLETELY change the topic (although it's already been done, so what's the harm?) but...

"Were there men in capri pants, looking fantastic? Is so...European."

don't you find that funny, cafe? when i was in norway a month ago, EVERYONE wore capris or cropped pants. i even saw men who were my DAD'S age wearing manpri's, and they totally worked! yet if my father were to wear a pair, i would probably wet myself from laughing so hard...

Cafe

Post Number: 1379
Posted on Wednesday, August 30, 2006 - 11:49 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I keep threatening to get my Pop a pair, he is not amused. I have seen some men look totally yummy in Capris, but I would never ask my husband to put on a pair. Manpri's...I love it.

Fnemecek

Post Number: 1888
Posted on Wednesday, August 30, 2006 - 11:54 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

quote:

I can't wait until I meet you in person Frank. That's gonna be a fun conversation.

I'm looking forward to it.

Hit the blue link to the left if you want to arrange and time & place.

Manrooter
Username: Manrooter

Post Number: 430
Posted From: 208.27.111.125
Posted on Wednesday, August 30, 2006 - 11:56 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Goldenrod!

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.c om/2005/racing/more/05/10/gold enrod/index.html

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.