Discuss Detroit » Archives - Connections II » Attn Gay Forumers: Detroit Guerrilla Queer Bar This Friday! « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Matt
Username: Matt

Post Number: 1077
Posted From: 208.49.95.12
Posted on Thursday, July 20, 2006 - 1:32 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

The Detroit Guerrilla Queer Bar
Invites You To
Guerrilla Idol

Stop #1:
Vivio's
2460 Market St.
Eastern Market - Detroit
Friday, July 21 - 8:00 pm to 11:30pm

Stop #2:
Comet Bar
128 Henry
Cass Corridor - Detroit
Friday, July 21 - 11:59pm to ?

It's that time again. Time for Guerrilla Idol 3!

We're switching things up a little and hitting up two bars this outting. So join us Friday night at 8pm on the second floor of Vivio's and then later at Midnight at the Comet Bar for karaoke!

Yes, karaoke.

Vivio's has a huge selection of songs spanning every decade and genre, so you'll be sure to find something that suits you. Don't worry, though, there won't be a panel of judges critiquing you. So feel free to sing those Madonna, Barbara and Melissa Etheridge songs to your heart's content. And you won't have to sleep with anyone to get a chance to sing... unless you want to, that is.

Of course, you don't have to sing if you don't wish to.

Once things wrap up at Vivio's around 11:30pm, we'll be heading over to one of the most obnoxious dive bars in Detroit, the Comet Bar. It's kind of like stepping into downtown Hudsons' Christmas window displays... only trashy... and with booze.

So muster up some courage and bring yourself and some of your friends Friday night. You'll have a great time. We promise. And if you don't, we'll give you oral pleasures. Okay, maybe we won't. But we're sure you'll have a great time.

Vivio's is located in Eastern Market, next to the R. Hirt Jr. Company store. Parking is plentiful with a large, free lot in front of the buildings. Karaoke is on the second floor.

Comet Bar is located in the Cass Corridor, just around the corner from Harry's. You'll be able to distinguish it by the Christmas lights on the outside. Parking is on the street, but sometimes we like to park at Harry's lot and just walk over. Shhh!

If you need directions, be sure to check out Mapquest.

Oh yeah, we've tipped off the bars of our coming presence, so hopefully they'll have an adequate number of bartenders pouring the booze.

Dialh4hipster
Username: Dialh4hipster

Post Number: 1722
Posted From: 68.61.187.234
Posted on Friday, July 21, 2006 - 1:06 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Holy crap, it's the gay karaoke again! Great times.

Sadly, I won't be able to make this one, but I encourage everyone considering it to go. It's a BLAST.

Oh, and it's "Barbra." I know, you hate me.

Matt

Post Number: 1079
Posted From: 68.42.170.148
Posted on Friday, July 21, 2006 - 7:37 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

No, I don't hate you. But Babs should probably hate her parents for leaving out an "A" in her name.

Why won't you be able to make it? Have better plans, do we??? :P

Dialh4hipster
Username: Dialh4hipster

Post Number: 1723
Posted From: 68.61.187.234
Posted on Friday, July 21, 2006 - 10:48 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Nothing personal but, well, yeah. And longstanding. :P

Crew
Username: Crew

Post Number: 995
Posted From: 146.9.52.12
Posted on Friday, July 21, 2006 - 10:59 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

just to warn you, I'll be there with Mr. Crew and a few friends

Matt

Post Number: 1080
Posted From: 208.49.95.12
Posted on Friday, July 21, 2006 - 11:05 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Oh, get over it and cancel. I'm sure karaoke would be more fun. Besides... I'm going to be performing a special duet tonight that I'm sure you'd enjoy - and it's not a Kylie song.

Look forward to seeing you, Crew.

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.