Discuss Detroit » Archives - Connections II » Help wanted: Inventory Control/Purchasing « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Itsjeff
Username: Itsjeff

Post Number: 6401
Posted From: 69.136.149.133
Posted on Thursday, July 20, 2006 - 7:46 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

A friend has asked me to let folks know of a job opening.

This is a management position in his large company, in charge of their inventory control. You'll need a background in purchasing.

They haven't set an exact salary, but when I asked "$50,000?" he sputtered, "Oh, way more than that," like wasn't I some kind of asshole for not knowing that this kind of job pays a lot.

For lots of reasons, he's asked me not to i.d. his company right now, but if you have a background in purchasing and inventory control, please let me know and I'll forward your contact info to him immediately. Also, please specify where, exactly, you'll take me to dinner if you get the job.

Supersport
Username: Supersport

Post Number: 10345
Posted From: 69.246.37.236
Posted on Thursday, July 20, 2006 - 8:05 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I keep my garage fridge fairly well stocked with beer I purchase, does that count?

Itsjeff
Username: Itsjeff

Post Number: 6402
Posted From: 208.27.111.125
Posted on Thursday, July 20, 2006 - 9:02 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I use the "Just In Time" system of beer maintenance. (I purchase beer as needed, rather than store it long-term.) That frees up funds that can then be applied toward potato chips.

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.