Discuss Detroit » Archives - Connections II » Volunteering for The Detroit Garden Resource Program « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Valkyrias
Username: Valkyrias

Post Number: 297
Posted From: 66.238.129.197
Posted on Friday, July 14, 2006 - 11:14 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

i've spoken to a few people on the forum recently about detroit synergy's project clean and volunteering for upcoming events. i figured i might as well post some info here for them and anyone else who might be interested. we will also have a volunteer date on august 12th, but i don't have a whole lot of info on that just yet. also feel free to pass along the info to anyone else who might be interested...thanks!

Project Clean...and Green!!

On July 22nd, Detroit Synergy's Project Clean will be teaming up with The Detroit Garden Resource Program, a collaboration with the Detroit Agriculture Network, Earthworks Garden/Capuchin Soup Kitchen, The Greening of Detroit and Michigan State University to help provide access to resources and educational opportunities for community, school and family gardeners.

We will be doing general garden maintenance in a community garden at the ONLY urban 4H Club in the country!! Located on the Eastide of the city at 5710 McClellan, this 4H center is a long time gardening hub in Detroit and offers various youth and after school programs.

We will be working from about 9am to noon, so please be sure dress according to the weather (sunblock is suggested) and is something you don't mind getting dirty. All tools will be provided by the Det. Ag. Network. More info will be available to volunteers as the date gets closer. Until then, if you have any questions or just want to volunteer, please contact Jen at clean @ detroitsynergy.org by by July 20th.

For more info on Detroit Garden Resource Program, visit http://www.detroitagriculture. org.

For more info on Project Clean, visit http://detroitsynergy.org/proj ects/clean

Merchantgander
Username: Merchantgander

Post Number: 2026
Posted From: 150.198.150.244
Posted on Friday, July 14, 2006 - 2:25 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Come on, lets do something!

Matt
Username: Matt

Post Number: 1075
Posted From: 208.49.95.12
Posted on Friday, July 14, 2006 - 3:26 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

What? You mean you aren't doing a clean-up of Warrendale or Indian Village? Damn, I was so set to commit, too.

(Message edited by Matt on July 14, 2006)

Valkyrias

Post Number: 298
Posted From: 66.238.129.197
Posted on Friday, July 14, 2006 - 4:10 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

don't be a jerky, matthew :P

Matt
Username: Matt

Post Number: 1076
Posted From: 208.49.95.12
Posted on Friday, July 14, 2006 - 4:51 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

But that's what I'm best at!

Valkyrias

Post Number: 306
Posted From: 69.47.103.87
Posted on Monday, July 17, 2006 - 9:50 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

bump

Michael
Username: Michael

Post Number: 748
Posted From: 68.74.9.14
Posted on Monday, July 17, 2006 - 10:59 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

quote:

Damn, I was so set to commit, too.

Don't worry Matt, you can volunteer plenty in your new 'hood, it could use all the help you can give it.

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.