Discuss Detroit » Archives - Connections II » East English Village Thread « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Bluenote132003
Username: Bluenote132003

Post Number: 1
Posted on Tuesday, January 13, 2009 - 3:07 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Does anyone know where the East English Village Thread has disappeared to?

Servite76
Username: Servite76

Post Number: 150
Posted on Tuesday, January 13, 2009 - 3:44 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Yes, the New Center, Boston-Edison & University folks stole it!!!

Sumas
Username: Sumas

Post Number: 565
Posted on Tuesday, January 13, 2009 - 4:19 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Yes, threads do disappear. Puzzling! Over the summer and fall we got several new great neighbors. So houses are still moving here.

Bluenote132003

Post Number: 2
Posted on Thursday, January 15, 2009 - 9:10 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Do you live there Sumas? I grew up at corner of Harvard and Frankfort.

Sumas
Username: Sumas

Post Number: 573
Posted on Thursday, January 15, 2009 - 9:46 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Yes, I still live here. Harvard, near Mack. If you like to keep up with what is happening in the neighborhood google East English Village they put our local newsletter online.

Sounds like you no longer live in the area, if this is true then you will be happy to know that the area is still doing well. People shovel their walks, cut grass and decorate for Christmas. Crime is pretty minor. Funniest crime we have had was a house on Grayton was busted for being a hydroponic house for weed. Growing not dealing.

Foreclosures have been a problem here like everywhere else. Last year, we had 13 homes on our block empty or for sale, all but one have sold. Granted at lower values but since I am not moving it doesn't currently bother me. The values also keep good neighbors in the area till prices go back up. A youngish widow had planned to sell, big house and just herself, kids grown. I totally understand why she would want a condo but she is a great neighbor and is staying put until values go up again.

Just curious, did you go to Finney or a private school?

Kathleen
Username: Kathleen

Post Number: 3228
Posted on Thursday, January 15, 2009 - 10:02 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Bluenote132003: My best friend and her family lived in the house on the southwest corner of Harvard and Frankfort from late 1974 until sometime in the late 1990s. Were you there during that time? Where did you live?

(Message edited by Kathleen on January 15, 2009)

Bluenote132003

Post Number: 3
Posted on Thursday, January 15, 2009 - 1:53 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Southeast corner, born there. Myself and brother and sisters left throughout the 80's, folks stayed until 91 or 92. Lutheran High East. Live in Clinton Twp now.

(Message edited by bluenote132003 on January 15, 2009)

Kathleen
Username: Kathleen

Post Number: 3229
Posted on Friday, January 16, 2009 - 6:02 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Then you probably knew Sue, Scott, Sally, Sandy, and Steven.

Bluenote132003

Post Number: 4
Posted on Friday, January 16, 2009 - 7:25 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Knew who they were, but never really hung out with them. Talked with their dad sometimes. Small world!!

Steelworker
Username: Steelworker

Post Number: 647
Posted on Friday, January 16, 2009 - 10:10 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

i love east english village. I lived near it for a while on lodewyck near chester. Only problem living over there is you are isolated from everything. Nothing is close, you have to drive for entertainment, movies, jobs, ect. Unless you like shopping in grosse pointe.

Bluenote132003

Post Number: 5
Posted on Friday, January 16, 2009 - 10:51 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Thanks for the note Sumas, here's the link to their newsletter if anyone's interested: http://www.eastenglishvillage. org/. Was a great area to grow up in, great homes, great people.

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.