Discuss Detroit » Archives - Connections II » Ravine Paging Det313grrl « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Ravine
Username: Ravine

Post Number: 2936
Posted on Saturday, December 27, 2008 - 5:51 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Det313grrl, I posted this thank-you note on the hilariously titled "Chicks We Dig" thread. I wanted to make sure you caught it:

I mentioned something about Joni Mitchell being such a Woman, and then here comes Det313grrl with Annie Lennox, another one who greatly appeals to me for the same reason.
Of course, I don't know what she is truly like, but she looks strong and, more importantly, brave. That is a great face.
Speaking of that face, she pretty gutsily exposes it in the video clip, and I want to thank Det313grrl for that link.
My initial interest was in admiring the close-up of her face.
Then, I realized that I was hearing one of the most brilliantly heartbreaking vocal performances that I have ever heard in my life, anywhere, from anybody.
There are singers with great sets of pipes, and then there are singers who can make you feel the song. Listening to that song actually hurt; I mean real, deep pain.
Magnificent performance of an aching, beautiful song. Thanks again, Det313grrl.

Det313grrl
Username: Det313grrl

Post Number: 319
Posted on Sunday, December 28, 2008 - 5:51 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

my pleasure, Ravine.

Django
Username: Django

Post Number: 2136
Posted on Sunday, December 28, 2008 - 9:24 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hey Woman

If you see Evarts around town, tell him to check his e mail.

Did ya make it to the Cass Cafe X-Mass party? Chuck always puts on a good time, probably most of it due to the open bar.

Have a great new year.

Det313grrl
Username: Det313grrl

Post Number: 324
Posted on Monday, December 29, 2008 - 10:04 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

sure, dude!

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.