Discuss Detroit » Archives - Connections II » Antique Roadshow Comes to Michigan « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Sean_of_detroit
Username: Sean_of_detroit

Post Number: 2111
Posted on Thursday, December 18, 2008 - 12:21 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I'm sure you guys know by now that I am also a big supporter of Detroit's Satellite Cities. I thought I'd mention that The Antique Roadshow is in the Flint/Saginaw area today and tomorrow (Thursday & Friday). I'm thinking about getting some things appraised (I think it's free).

Zimm
Username: Zimm

Post Number: 96
Posted on Thursday, December 18, 2008 - 2:06 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

good luck with that. when it came to Hot Springs, Arkansas, my grandparents had to apply many months in advance to get their stuff seen.

Bigb23
Username: Bigb23

Post Number: 2856
Posted on Thursday, December 18, 2008 - 8:23 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

You would have better luck with the local appraisal fairs, Sean. I have heard the same thing about The Antique Roadshow. Very hard to get tickets.

Django
Username: Django

Post Number: 2088
Posted on Thursday, December 18, 2008 - 9:26 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Dont trust the Eastern Market antiques shop. I love to go and look but some guy working there royally screwed me on a desk I sold him. Told me it was worth $60. I was broke so I took the $60 and later saw it for $1100 upstairs.

Another story while on the dumbass.

Alley
Username: Alley

Post Number: 965
Posted on Thursday, December 18, 2008 - 9:57 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

he probably could tell and did you a favor lol.
I LOVE the Antique Roadshow

Jiminnm
Username: Jiminnm

Post Number: 1583
Posted on Thursday, December 18, 2008 - 12:43 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I seriously doubt that it's the same Antiques Roadshow that shows on PBS. They film in the summer for the next season, and you have to apply months ahead of time for tickets that specify a day and time to show up. We went a few years ago when they were in Albuquerque. Alas, no great treasures, but we did see several of the items that were on the TV show and talked with many of the appraisers.

The Antiques Roadshow was in Grand Rapids this past August, and those shows will be on PBS in January or February.

Johnlodge
Username: Johnlodge

Post Number: 9063
Posted on Thursday, December 18, 2008 - 12:50 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Jim is correct, look.

http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/roadsh ow/ontheroad.html

Dtowncitylover
Username: Dtowncitylover

Post Number: 418
Posted on Thursday, December 18, 2008 - 2:10 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Have they ever come to Detroit? I have never seen an episode where it was located in Michigan.

Alan55
Username: Alan55

Post Number: 2466
Posted on Thursday, December 18, 2008 - 2:14 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

They did an episode from the Southfield Civic Center many years ago, in the first or second season I believe.

Sean_of_detroit

Post Number: 2113
Posted on Thursday, December 18, 2008 - 5:13 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hmm, I'm thinking I should take it to a few different places then. Thanks for the tips, it's appreciated.

Bigb23
Username: Bigb23

Post Number: 2862
Posted on Thursday, December 18, 2008 - 5:24 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

What is it, Sean ? I gotta know now.

Signed -

Nosey.

Goat
Username: Goat

Post Number: 2935
Posted on Thursday, December 18, 2008 - 6:26 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

So they can inflate the price of soem shitty antiques? No thanks. They are the reason why so many dumb-fucks out there think their junk is worth something.

Servite76
Username: Servite76

Post Number: 132
Posted on Thursday, December 18, 2008 - 7:03 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Geez, I wonder what my Peter Max paintings are worth now. I also have a letter from Mother Theresa typed and signed by her from Calcutta from 1980.

Jiminnm
Username: Jiminnm

Post Number: 1587
Posted on Friday, December 19, 2008 - 11:50 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Here's where they've been:
http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/roadsh ow/cities/index.html

Sean_of_detroit

Post Number: 2124
Posted on Friday, December 19, 2008 - 6:43 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Nothing to special.

Gistok
Username: Gistok

Post Number: 6005
Posted on Wednesday, December 24, 2008 - 1:46 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Typical... just like the PBS station here... the Antiques Road Show skips Detroit and goes to a suburb.

Don't see the suburb of any other city listed, just the city proper...

Rooms222
Username: Rooms222

Post Number: 155
Posted on Thursday, December 25, 2008 - 8:11 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

The only other one I saw is College Park MD, a suburb of DC.

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.