Discuss Detroit » Archives - Connections II » Old tires piled up in an empty lot? « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Johnnny5
Username: Johnnny5

Post Number: 866
Posted on Thursday, December 04, 2008 - 10:10 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I found this ad posted on Craigslist. Might be of some use to anyone who is looking for extra income or simply looking to clean up their neighborhood. IMO it won't last long at $5 per tire.

A new rubber based products company, Regent Diagnostics and Testing Inc. is engaged in a government funded project to reduce the waste produced by discarded tires. The U.S. is the #1 purveyor of such waste accounting for 60% of the worlds discarded tires. This causes grave environmental results. This project, much like the bottle deposit program in some states, is in a testing stage in the Detroit area. Please call only if you have a minimum of ten tires, black only.

Company: Regent Diagnostics and Testing Inc.
Phone: 734-334-0860

http://detroit.craigslist.org/ wan/944563268.html

Detroitplanner
Username: Detroitplanner

Post Number: 2040
Posted on Thursday, December 04, 2008 - 11:00 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

do scrappers have the internet??? maybe we can get them to clean up the neighborhoods for once!

Cub
Username: Cub

Post Number: 998
Posted on Thursday, December 04, 2008 - 1:32 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

This is bogus. I knew it was too good to be true.
I could make a good living or rehab the community center if this was real with all the tires in my neighborhood. lol
I called and the guy who answered said someone must be playing a joke. The company name is not even the same as the ad.

Johnnny5

Post Number: 867
Posted on Thursday, December 04, 2008 - 1:42 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

My apologies for posting it then. I noticed on Craigslist this morning, I guess I should have tried the number before posting.

Cub

Post Number: 999
Posted on Thursday, December 04, 2008 - 5:44 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Not your fault my friend. The guy on the phone was very ticked off. All I saw was dollar signs and clean streets lol.

Urbanfisherman
Username: Urbanfisherman

Post Number: 60
Posted on Thursday, December 04, 2008 - 7:37 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

You called these guys: Advanced Improvement Properties & Maintenance.

http://site.aipmconstruction.c om/Home.html

Useful if you need roofing done, I guess.

Vivadetroit
Username: Vivadetroit

Post Number: 137
Posted on Thursday, December 04, 2008 - 8:07 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

cub, call him back & hit him up for a roof! LOL

Johnnny5

Post Number: 868
Posted on Thursday, December 04, 2008 - 8:09 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

The ad is still posted on Craigslist. Perhaps we can all do the poor guy a favor by flagging it. I'm sure he's sick of the phone calls by now. =)

Detroitplanner
Username: Detroitplanner

Post Number: 2041
Posted on Thursday, December 04, 2008 - 8:29 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I think the whole thing is a crock the tesimonials on his website are from Ted Williams and the president of Wellington Bank?

Cub

Post Number: 1000
Posted on Thursday, December 04, 2008 - 11:44 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I flagged it right after I got of the phone at 1:30pm. I have no idea why its still up.

Alley
Username: Alley

Post Number: 828
Posted on Friday, December 05, 2008 - 2:38 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

maybe it's a sting to catch tire dumpers or tire stealing scrappers

Reddog289
Username: Reddog289

Post Number: 753
Posted on Saturday, December 06, 2008 - 1:58 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

They got any 215/75/R14 size tires in that pile? and a 14 in wheel in a Ford wheel pattern?

Fishtoes2000
Username: Fishtoes2000

Post Number: 750
Posted on Sunday, December 07, 2008 - 10:03 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Cass Corridor Social Services does convert illegally dumped tires into mud mats and roof shingles. The contact is Stacy Leigh, 313.883.2277 ext 247.

You can also buy their mud mats at http://casscommunity.org/store

Django
Username: Django

Post Number: 2053
Posted on Thursday, December 11, 2008 - 6:46 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I have heard of a downriver shop that buys semi truck tires, they retread them. There was a bunch behind the Grand Trunk Bldg. That was at least six months ago though. I do believe they were there for at least a year or two though.

Probably a disgruntled employee messin with his roofing boss.

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.