Discuss Detroit » Archives - Connections II » Local 4's "I am Detroit" Video Blogs « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Sean_of_detroit
Username: Sean_of_detroit

Post Number: 2243
Posted on Thursday, November 20, 2008 - 11:47 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

This is kind of neat. They're just little blurbs or video blogs from a few of our area locals.

Link: http://iamdetroit.com/

Just for fun, who do you find most interesting?

Servite76
Username: Servite76

Post Number: 112
Posted on Thursday, November 20, 2008 - 1:10 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Sean, one of them is of my daughter. Her name is Stephanie.

(Message edited by Servite76 on November 20, 2008)

Dtowncitylover
Username: Dtowncitylover

Post Number: 398
Posted on Thursday, November 20, 2008 - 5:07 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Most of those people should be "I am suburbia".

Sean_of_detroit

Post Number: 2254
Posted on Thursday, November 20, 2008 - 5:54 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

^It's all the same Metro Detroit

Servite76, not the one who is afraid of fish? :-)

Some other interesting ones (although most are at least somewhat interesting);

-Margaret: http://iamdetroit.com/#/margar et/

Margaret talks about a run in with the infamous Purple Gang.

-Sydney: http://iamdetroit.com/#/sydney /

Sydney grew up in Beverly Hills Michigan, but has spent the past two years living near the WSU Campus in Midtown.

-Shades: http://iamdetroit.com/#/shades /

Shades is a professional graffiti artist. He's got some interesting stories.

There are several other good ones. I've been letting them run through the background on my computer.

Servite76

Post Number: 113
Posted on Thursday, November 20, 2008 - 5:57 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Sean, yes ,she is the one with the fish.

Dtowncitylover, you may be right on some, but my daughter was born, bred and raised with same the sense of pride, community and charity as her Detroit born father who still works for this great city.

Jcole
Username: Jcole

Post Number: 4740
Posted on Thursday, November 20, 2008 - 6:12 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Servite, you should be proud. She's a beautiful and poised young lady. Someone did something right

Dtowncitylover

Post Number: 399
Posted on Thursday, November 20, 2008 - 6:25 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

That's great Servite, but frankly don't consider people from Brighton from Metro Detroit. I like the plain clothed Mennonite woman who lives at the Trolley Plaza.

Reuel
Username: Reuel

Post Number: 18
Posted on Friday, November 21, 2008 - 12:04 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

You don't consider people from Brighton to be from Metro Detroit. Others don't consider the Quaker woman in Trolley Plaza to be a Mennonite.

It's tough being right when you're making superficial snap judgements, isn't it?

Dtowncitylover

Post Number: 402
Posted on Friday, November 21, 2008 - 12:24 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Quaker!!! Ok fine, I couldn't remember which denomination she was a apart, sorry. But Brighton is not considered apart of Metro Detroit, IMO, but that's not to say there's no people in Brighton who have affinity for the city. All I'm saying is when people do a project like this, they should have people from the Metro area. But then in boils down to the debate if Brighton should be considered about of Metro Detroit.

To me, Metro Detroit is everything east of the 275 corridor, south of M-59 corridor, north of Trenton, and then all along the 94 corridor south of M-59. But this thread isn't about arguing about the geographical exactness of the Metro region. So let's just end it.

Servite76

Post Number: 114
Posted on Friday, November 21, 2008 - 4:06 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Jcole, that was very kind of you. Thank you.

Ray1936
Username: Ray1936

Post Number: 3884
Posted on Friday, November 21, 2008 - 12:46 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

To me, Detroit is four counties. Wayne, Oakland, Macomb, and Essex. :-)

Sean_of_detroit

Post Number: 2262
Posted on Friday, November 21, 2008 - 2:44 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Can the city suburb debate move to another topic (if you guys want to dive into it more, make a topic about it)?

If it's not to much to ask.

56packman
Username: 56packman

Post Number: 2527
Posted on Saturday, November 22, 2008 - 4:00 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Sean of Detroit says Shades is a professional graffiti artist. He's got some interesting stories

someone pays for graffiti?

(Message edited by 56packman on November 22, 2008)

Gannon
Username: Gannon

Post Number: 14819
Posted on Saturday, November 22, 2008 - 10:30 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I thought we agreed that we ALL did.

Sean_of_detroit

Post Number: 2277
Posted on Saturday, November 22, 2008 - 11:58 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Watch his video.

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.