Discuss Detroit » Archives - Connections II » Anyone recommend an auto mechanic Downriver? « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Frank_drebin
Username: Frank_drebin

Post Number: 1
Posted on Tuesday, November 11, 2008 - 11:27 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Am new to the Trenton/Woodhaven area and wondering if anyone can recommend a good auto mechanic in the area.

Downtown_lady
Username: Downtown_lady

Post Number: 421
Posted on Wednesday, November 12, 2008 - 5:37 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Welcome to the forum Frank! A friend of mine is a car genius, but takes his car to a place called Coopers Garage for repairs that he can't do himself, and recommends them highly.

They're not quite as far south as you, but given how highly they were recommended, I thought I would mention it to you. Coopers is at the south end of Dearborn Heights, just before you get to Taylor. He repaired my brakes and did a great job at a reasonable cost. Sorry, I know it's not exactly your neck of the woods, but I thought they were reasonably close enough that I would mention it.

Coopers Garage
313-278-0408
21244 Van Born Rd, Dearborn Heights

Detroitteacher
Username: Detroitteacher

Post Number: 1398
Posted on Wednesday, November 12, 2008 - 6:03 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Larry Hughes' Garage on Ford Rd between Middlebelt and Inkster Rds in Garden City (not exactly downriver)is fabulous! They are honest and reliable. They are also reasonable. Ask for Steve to work on your car. They are a small operation but will get your car back on the road in a jiffy. I am female and have never been "taken" by them. They are an honest crew.

Alley
Username: Alley

Post Number: 772
Posted on Wednesday, November 12, 2008 - 7:21 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Twin's Body & Trim
23940 Gibraltar Rd, Flat Rock, MI
(734) 782-3860

Our friend Scott works there and does our work, the shop is honest and reasonable

Barnesfoto
Username: Barnesfoto

Post Number: 5544
Posted on Thursday, November 13, 2008 - 3:00 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Jim, Southgate.
734 283 8836 is the number to call if you need your car fixed.

Moetown
Username: Moetown

Post Number: 20
Posted on Thursday, November 13, 2008 - 4:21 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

quote: " Jim, Southgate.
734 283 8836 is the number to call if you need your car fixed."

I always do my own work, but if I needed something done, I would have Jim do it. He has worked on a friends cars for years. Nice guy and always busy.

Frank_drebin
Username: Frank_drebin

Post Number: 2
Posted on Thursday, November 13, 2008 - 3:42 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Thanks for the replies. It's good to know of honest people for car repairs when you're new to an area.

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.