Discuss Detroit » Archives - Connections II » Anyone want to meet Miketoronto this Saturday in Detroit? « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Miketoronto
Username: Miketoronto

Post Number: 924
Posted on Thursday, November 06, 2008 - 10:05 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

If anyone is interested in meeting up for a drink, dinner, or little walking tour, let me know. I will be in Detroit with some of my urban planning pals.

I am planning dinner at the Book Cadillac Hotel on Saturday night if anyone wants to join us and does not mind spending some money on a Book-Cadillac dinner.

Anyway if you want to get together, just email me at
michaelb_@hotmail.com

Kathleen
Username: Kathleen

Post Number: 3068
Posted on Thursday, November 06, 2008 - 12:32 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hey Mike! That's a far cry from the Lafayette Coney Island where we once ended up after a PW walking tour a few years back, eh!!

I'm tied up all day Saturday, spending the day with our son and his girlfriend, enjoying some of the downtown sites like Eastern Market, DIA for the Monet to Dali exhibit, Charles H. Wright Museum for the Tut exhibit, and whatever else we can squeeze in. And Dave and I both have other engagements Saturday evening. Otherwise we might have considered it. Hope you have a great time! And maybe we'll run into you during the day....

Miketoronto
Username: Miketoronto

Post Number: 926
Posted on Monday, November 10, 2008 - 12:23 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Kathleen,
I don't remember the Coney Island thing a couple years back???? Are you thinking of the same Mike??
Just wondering???

Aiw
Username: Aiw

Post Number: 6805
Posted on Monday, November 10, 2008 - 12:25 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Mike - Wish I was able to. We spent the day in Hamilton earlier this year during Doors Open.

Sadly I'll be packing, as I'm off to Mexico on Sunday. Next time you head south, let me know, I'd be happy to give you a tour of Windsor before you head across the river.

Kathleen
Username: Kathleen

Post Number: 3074
Posted on Tuesday, November 11, 2008 - 6:50 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Mike: This would have been maybe 6 or 7 years ago. IIRC, you came in for the Preservation Wayne Skyscraper Tour, and afterwards about 6 of us went to the Lafayette Coney Island. Does that ring a bell? Somewhere I've got a photo that I took that night....

Gannon
Username: Gannon

Post Number: 14794
Posted on Tuesday, November 11, 2008 - 9:19 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Well...I will be at Eph's, making some technology improvements, both Saturday and Sunday, so y'all can come visit me!

I suspect, though, that 'this' Saturday was last one...and I'm a week late, as usual!

Crew
Username: Crew

Post Number: 1471
Posted on Tuesday, November 11, 2008 - 10:32 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

OH SHIT! Mike, I'm so sorry! I was suppose to call you last weekend and it totally slipped by me. Hope you had a good visit to Detroit. Sorry I missed you!

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.