Discuss Detroit » Archives - Connections II » Check out the Rogue Satellites! « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Gannon
Username: Gannon

Post Number: 14692
Posted on Monday, October 20, 2008 - 1:09 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

The main fellow of this group, Jaye Thomas, has been a faithful Cafe 1923 Open Mic contributor for months and months, and I'm slowly discovering why he's Juliette Lewis' favorite Natural Born Songster from our fair city. There is NO easier way to make the guy blush than to remind him of this fact!

He and Scotty are two of the most genuine and hip cats around, and I think they should be more better known. So there...

...and listen CLOSELY to his verbiage...he's quiet the incredible wordsmith, and double-damn funny to boot. (to think, I've only known him as a supporter of MINE until I finally tore myself away from the Cafe! I missed his other group, Apartment 4, when they played CityFest this year.)

(and the complex rhythms that Scott can conjure up on ANYTHING that resonates is simply mind-boggling to me...when they last played upstairs at Jacoby's I could swear I was watching Buddy Rich incarnate, Scotty never seems to move HIS upper body when he plays, just like that old drum-master!)
Top of pageBottom of page

Gannon
Username: Gannon

Post Number: 14693
Posted on Monday, October 20, 2008 - 1:11 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

ok, QUITE, not quiet.

I'm firing my editor...

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.