Discuss Detroit » Archives - Connections II » Halloween Party Games « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Raptor56
Username: Raptor56

Post Number: 550
Posted on Sunday, October 19, 2008 - 7:42 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Anybody have any cool ideas for Halloween party games? I throw an all adult halloween party every year. The annual Twister contest is always fun (both to watch and to play...), however I think it's time to spice things up a bit this year. Any suggestions?

Cheddar_bob
Username: Cheddar_bob

Post Number: 2078
Posted on Sunday, October 19, 2008 - 8:31 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Make it a key party.

Jimaz
Username: Jimaz

Post Number: 6676
Posted on Sunday, October 19, 2008 - 8:49 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

We went to a geocaching party last night at River Bends Park. Those who won the Halloween costume contest were allowed a head start in the treasure hunt. There was a bonfire with hotdogs, etc. Finding geocaches in the dark is challenging!

Yaktown
Username: Yaktown

Post Number: 389
Posted on Sunday, October 19, 2008 - 9:10 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Jim, you were there?! My girlfriend and I also went. Didn't wear costumes though and only did one cache. Enjoyed the hotdogs/bonfire and all the food.

Anyway, back on topic...a good game is to place an orange into pantyhose and tie it behind you, hanging down between your legs. Try to bump another orange on the floor with it, have a race amongst yourselves! I'm sure there's a name for this.

Alley
Username: Alley

Post Number: 714
Posted on Monday, October 20, 2008 - 12:54 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

what a hilarious mental image that gave me...

Raptor56

Post Number: 552
Posted on Monday, October 20, 2008 - 2:31 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Yaktown: I could think of a few names for it, none of them message board appropriate...

Chitaku
Username: Chitaku

Post Number: 2188
Posted on Monday, October 20, 2008 - 2:46 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

bobbing for apples is an unsanitary favorite!

Raptor56

Post Number: 554
Posted on Monday, October 20, 2008 - 4:11 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

bobbing for apples is col and all, but it totally screws up your costume face makeup. and yeah, unsanitary. Although I did try to convince my friends last year that bobbing for apples in a large bucket of vodka could be kind of fun (and slightly more sanitary). Didn't fly though. This year I'm looking for something a little more out of the norm. Something that gets the crowd involved.

Kathinozarks
Username: Kathinozarks

Post Number: 1546
Posted on Tuesday, October 21, 2008 - 9:41 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

At our annual party we don't play any games, but the most fun is the Soul Train dance (I forget what it was called, but it's when everyone lines up and you dance down the middle of everyone) to Staxx/Motown tunes. Some great pictures/film from that.
Too much food/cocktails/conversation for any games. Dancing is what makes it rock.

Eriedearie
Username: Eriedearie

Post Number: 3768
Posted on Wednesday, October 22, 2008 - 5:15 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Kath - I remember that dance as the "stroll"...

Kathinozarks

Post Number: 1556
Posted on Wednesday, October 22, 2008 - 6:49 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Ah yes, the stroll! We sure love it.

Eriedearie
Username: Eriedearie

Post Number: 3771
Posted on Wednesday, October 22, 2008 - 7:01 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

So is that the name of the dance you were thinking of? Remember watching all the regulars on American Bandstand strolling?

Kathinozarks

Post Number: 1557
Posted on Thursday, October 23, 2008 - 10:34 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

See, I don't remember the stroll being done on American Bandstand. I only remember it being done on Soul Train and they didn't actually 'stroll' so much as 'groove' down the line, so I bet they didn't call it the stroll on Soul Train. Someone else here just has to know what it was called. It is on the tip of my brain, and I can almost hear Don Cornelius saying it....

Bigjeff
Username: Bigjeff

Post Number: 198
Posted on Thursday, October 23, 2008 - 10:44 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Taking a look at wikipedia, it mentions that this was called the "Soul Train Line."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/S oul_Train

i don't know if that helps at all!

Kathinozarks

Post Number: 1561
Posted on Friday, October 24, 2008 - 10:16 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Thanks, Bigjeff.
From Wiki: "Near the program's conclusion, there is also the popular "Soul Train Line", in which all the dancers form two lines with a space in the middle for individual dancers to strut down and dance in consecutively. Sometimes, new dance styles or moves are featured or introduced by particular dancers."

That's what I'll call it. Soul Train Line. Oh yeah, we strut and dance. You should see our new dance styles and moves. LOL.

Keepin' the Soul Train Line alive in '08!

Bigb23
Username: Bigb23

Post Number: 2670
Posted on Friday, October 24, 2008 - 10:33 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Kathinozarks -

quote:

See, I don't remember the stroll being done on American Bandstand.

Kath, remember in the "American Graffiti" gym dance scene, they did the "Stroll" ?
I'll never get tired of that movie !

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.