Discuss Detroit » Archives - Connections II » Train the Trainer Seminars « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Raptor56
Username: Raptor56

Post Number: 548
Posted on Thursday, October 16, 2008 - 4:00 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Can anybody recommend a good "Train the Trainer" seminar around town? I have to run a bunch of reporting system training classes next year as part of a system upgrade in my company, so I figured it's about time I polish up the ol how to be a good trainer skills.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions

Zitro
Username: Zitro

Post Number: 2194
Posted on Thursday, October 16, 2008 - 5:29 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Raptor: I moved away from Michigan about 11 years ago so I don't have any references. However, I just went through a 5 session Trainer's Institute seminar that used the ADDIE Model as it's basis. It's a very sound fundamental approach to training and I found it very useful. I would check with whatever recommendations you find and see if they use this model as it's basis.

Gannon
Username: Gannon

Post Number: 14539
Posted on Thursday, October 16, 2008 - 5:32 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Shit, I thought you were OFFERING a class...I'd sign up in a New York minute.

I think there are some folk that DigitalVision knows, I'll try to prompt him to show up here...although he usually magically just 'knows' when we need him!

Omaha
Username: Omaha

Post Number: 215
Posted on Monday, October 27, 2008 - 11:44 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

The American Society for Training and Development (ASTD) used to offer lots of train the trainer seminars in my part of the world. Go to their web site and see if there is an active Detroit chapter of ASTD.

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.