Discuss Detroit » Archives - Connections II » Paging Ray1936 « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Carolcb
Username: Carolcb

Post Number: 4766
Posted on Wednesday, October 15, 2008 - 3:55 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Ray - A question I have been pondering...but I am sure I would never remember.

When I was a kid (like in 1965) my dad and I would go downtown to buy his uniforms. This place was a big, wood-floored place with pictures all over the walls of famous (infamous) people as I recall....and I think the owner was a rather large man. I even remember a glass walled office in a corner...hope this makes sense.

Does this ring any bells? Thank you for your memory and time!

Ray1936
Username: Ray1936

Post Number: 3763
Posted on Wednesday, October 15, 2008 - 6:13 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

It was probably Metropolitan Uniform, Carol, across Beaubien Street from DPD HQ. It was there for decades until about 2004, when the block was razed. They moved to a much smaller building around the corner on Macomb, just east of Beaubien. There are new owners, but the stock seems to be as complete as in the past. Was last in there in May of last year, and that was my impression.

As I recall, the owner and 90% of his staff could have played on the defensive line for the Lions. And probably with better results than the current people.

Chuckjav
Username: Chuckjav

Post Number: 969
Posted on Wednesday, October 15, 2008 - 10:36 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

http://metropolitanuniform.com /content/view/12/27/

Carolcb
Username: Carolcb

Post Number: 4767
Posted on Thursday, October 16, 2008 - 11:24 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Thank you both!

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.