Discuss Detroit » Archives - Connections II » Globe & Mail Sold Anywhere in Metro Detroit? « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Awfavre
Username: Awfavre

Post Number: 289
Posted on Friday, September 26, 2008 - 10:51 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Aside from crossing into Windsor, does anyone know if the Globe and Mail’s print edition is sold in Metro Detroit? Thanks.

Alsodave
Username: Alsodave

Post Number: 1211
Posted on Friday, September 26, 2008 - 12:35 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Should be at Borders or B&N.

Aiw
Username: Aiw

Post Number: 6729
Posted on Saturday, September 27, 2008 - 2:31 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I have never seen it for sale in Metro Detroit.

Is there a certain issue you're looking for? Or just a general copy?

If you're looking for a specific article, you could probably find it online: http://www.theglobeandmail.com /

If you were looking for Friday's issue, I can't help, but if you're looking for the Saturday one, let me know I could probably go pick one up for you, and scan and/or mail it to you...

Aiw

Post Number: 6730
Posted on Saturday, September 27, 2008 - 2:34 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

:-)

I guess you wanted a copy of this article:

http://www.theglobeandmail.com /servlet/story/RTGAM.20080926. wlboatnerd26/BNStory/lifeMain/ home

Aiw

Post Number: 6731
Posted on Saturday, September 27, 2008 - 2:57 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Awfarve, I wish I had seen your post earlier, because I could have helped you out...

I'm working midnights this week, so I just headed out and checked in at the gas stations and convienece stores out here by the airport, and I would appear I was too late...

No one had any Friday copies left, and they were all waiting delivery of the Saturday editions.

Sorry... :-(

Downriviera
Username: Downriviera

Post Number: 1000
Posted on Saturday, September 27, 2008 - 9:00 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hey Aiw, off topic but do you know when the Windsor Spitfires are moving to their new arena? I want to catch a couple games at the barn before they do. I had heard they were moving there in December, but on the Spits web site I saw they had a last year at the barn promo, so now I'm wondering if they will be at the barn all season.

Aiw

Post Number: 6735
Posted on Saturday, September 27, 2008 - 10:22 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

No they are moving this year. The season just kicked off with the home opener the other night.

Plans are to be in the new arena before Christmas. I think Late November. However I'm not sure the "official" date has been picked yet.

I agree I've got to get to another game there before they close it.

You can order tickets online too, through the website. It makes it easier and saves a box office trip.

It will be sad when it closes. The last original six arena to close ;). The Wings played their first season at Windsor Arena, as the Olympia was still under construction at the time. I believe it's the oldest arena in the OHL now as well... Most of the oldies have been replaced in the last decade or so...

Aiw

Post Number: 6736
Posted on Saturday, September 27, 2008 - 10:24 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Also - I forgot to add, there are some political careers at stake with the new arena, so if they can get it open ahead of schedule, they will.

Don't delay too long on those games...

Awfavre
Username: Awfavre

Post Number: 290
Posted on Sunday, September 28, 2008 - 6:48 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Sorry I'm returning so late to this discussion ....

Yes, AIW, that was the story I was seeking. I was at the scrapyard tour, & there's a photo of myself & a fellow Boatnerd, Jack, in one of the inner pages in the print edition.

And thanks anyway for the offer to help. :-) Happily, some Canadian friends snagged me a couple copies. So I'm all set. Thanks again!

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.