Discuss Detroit » Archives - Connections II » Paging Danindc « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

D_mcc
Username: D_mcc

Post Number: 1235
Posted on Friday, September 12, 2008 - 8:47 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hey Dan, I have a few questions for you if you don't mind me asking. I can either do it through here, or email.

D_mcc

Post Number: 1293
Posted on Wednesday, October 01, 2008 - 11:38 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Bump

D_mcc

Post Number: 1446
Posted on Thursday, October 23, 2008 - 4:58 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Bump...Daaaaaaaaan

Danindc
Username: Danindc

Post Number: 5116
Posted on Friday, October 31, 2008 - 4:22 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Sorry it took so long to respond--I've never actually looked at this board before.

I'm happy to help to the best of my abilities. What can I do for you?

If you feel more comfortable using e-mail, contact me at dannyc@umich.edu

D_mcc

Post Number: 1534
Posted on Thursday, November 06, 2008 - 12:14 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Sorry, I was looking for more info on DC.

Job Sites...places to live...what have you.

I really enjoyed my time there over the summer, and I have been looking for work there, but I was wondering if you knew of any hidden gems for leads and inroads into the city.

I would essentially have a place to live, I believe around Dunn-Loring station, which is where I was over the summer...Just need to find a place to work now. I'm at that point where I might just look for a Starbucks or something to tide me over...

Danindc
Username: Danindc

Post Number: 5157
Posted on Thursday, November 06, 2008 - 1:15 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

What's your line of work? What are you seeking? The employment market in the DC region has been pretty stable, although that has probably started to slow. To be honest, I no longer live there--I relocated to the South a couple months ago (perhaps I should change my handle). It's a good place to live with a very high quality of life. There is definitely a price for it, though.

Is your potential residence a given? If you live around there, you may spend more time in traffic than you desire. The entire region is a trade-off between housing prices and time spent in traffic.

Send me an e-mail, and I'd be happy to get more specific once we nail down a line of work for you. I have plenty of contacts there in a wide range of professions.

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.