Discuss Detroit » Archives - Connections II » Paging Gannon and Res.... Paging Gannon and Res. « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Django
Username: Django

Post Number: 1803
Posted on Monday, September 01, 2008 - 5:16 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Whens the shoot off?

Gannon, you keep talking about what a crack shot you are.

Res, you have the experience.

You both seem to prod each other a bit who's better.

This is a great excuse to go to the range on Chene and have a friendly shoot off. Place some friendly bets, maybe give me a lesson on shooting a handgun, that would be kickass.

can we set a date?????

Plymouthres
Username: Plymouthres

Post Number: 885
Posted on Monday, September 01, 2008 - 11:18 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Django-

Driving 200 miles a day prevents me from doing anything on weekdays, and the weekends are pretty full with the Garden on Saturday nights and Fort Wayne during the days on Saturday.

That leaves me Sunday to get my house in order for the week and get 5 minutes to myself.

Aside from that, Gannon's schedule lately hasn't been conducive for a hook up either!

The challenge is on, just postponed for a bit.

Rustic
Username: Rustic

Post Number: 3274
Posted on Monday, September 01, 2008 - 2:48 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I'm thinkin' this:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Darwin_Awards
... anyone else?

(Message edited by rustic on September 01, 2008)

Plymouthres

Post Number: 886
Posted on Monday, September 01, 2008 - 2:57 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Too bad your link didn't work, but for someone who doesn't know me at all, keep your thoughts to yourself. And since you weren't there for the original conversation, who the fuck asked you what you were or were not thinking?

Django

Post Number: 1809
Posted on Monday, September 01, 2008 - 3:05 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

200 miles a day? sheesh. How do you do it? I had no idea. Gas must be killin you Res.

Im just lookin forward to this event, Itll happen.

I cant make it to the garden this Sat. due to the Dally. Ill try and make it on the 13th. I didnt know you all met at Cubs EVERY weekend. I need to finish up the rocks I started, and start a new set.

Rustic, your "this" link gave me nothin.

Rustic

Post Number: 3276
Posted on Monday, September 01, 2008 - 3:08 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

P'res, thanks for pointing out the bad link ... not sure why it didn't work but I "fixed" it. As to the latter half of your post to me, this IS a open forum ya know ...

Django

Post Number: 1810
Posted on Monday, September 01, 2008 - 4:14 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

May be an open forum but you dont know shit about Res. Obviously.

Plymouthres

Post Number: 887
Posted on Monday, September 01, 2008 - 4:58 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Open yes, purposely demeaning, no. I suppose you would like it if I referred to you or anything said about you to a link that clearly is as demeaning as the Darwin Awards link?

Think about it. You don't know me but seem to think that it is alright to demean me? I think not, and said so.

You are right, it is an open forum.

Rustic

Post Number: 3277
Posted on Monday, September 01, 2008 - 6:22 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

P'res, oh poo ... seems to me you are being waaaay too sensitive on this ...

Plymouthres

Post Number: 888
Posted on Monday, September 01, 2008 - 7:23 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I wonder if this had been done to you how you would respond? If you want to impune people be prepared to suffer what they think is equitable for the assertion that you make.

Remember, it is an open forum.

Rustic

Post Number: 3278
Posted on Monday, September 01, 2008 - 7:52 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

"I wonder if this had been done to you how you would respond?"

I would have laughed at the joke. Honestly, that is what I would have done. (If I didn't find the joke funny I would have ignored it, but IMO it is a funny quip, so I would have laughed.)

Django

Post Number: 1811
Posted on Monday, September 01, 2008 - 8:21 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Just step off rustic. I didnt find your joke funny and I dont think you meant it as funny. Just step.

Rustic

Post Number: 3279
Posted on Monday, September 01, 2008 - 10:30 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Dj', of course I meant it as a joke. --jeez -- You are free to take it any way you want, however, if you wish to be insulted by it, I can't stop you.

Plymouthres

Post Number: 889
Posted on Monday, September 01, 2008 - 11:35 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Rustic-

I can't believe that someone as smart as you needs me to explain this to you, but I will try.

I take gun usage and safety very seriously. You would too if you ever carried or used one. I do not make or take jokes about guns or handling them lightly, which is apparently not how you view them.

To joke about them at any time or in any way invites one to drop their guard, and will surely make you a recipient of a Darwin Award.

Since you don't know me, I am giving you the benefit of the doubt here. Suffice to say that I do not joke, at all, about guns.

If you knew me, you would know that there are a LOT of things that I joke about, but guns are not one of them.

Plymouthres

Post Number: 890
Posted on Tuesday, September 02, 2008 - 6:55 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Django-

Back to the "drive", I go from here to Charlotte each day, a distance of 97.3 miles from door to door. This job is a continuation of the job that I went to Arizona for, and a facility in Charlotte builds the vehicles that I've been developing.

I drive a Focus that gets between 30 and 35 mpg, so the gas is between $140 and $160 a week! It is a contract position currently, which pays a bit less, but I am hiring in direct mid-September which will pay much more, provide benefits and allow me to work in Sterling Heights, much less than half the drive that I do currently.

The worst part is the time it takes out of my day, as it can get to be upwards of 5 hours a day of driving on a bad traffic day. A normal drive is 1 1/2 hours each way, so I am looking forward to the shorter trip, for sure.

No matter what, it sure beats the uncertainty that exists currently in the automotive industry. I am very grateful to have gotten out of that business, as I see it being a very long time until it gets better again. I have a ton of friends that have been laid-off from that industry and I am thankful that I got out when I did.

We will talk more, but I appreciate you asking about the ride and look forward to the "shooting match". I have a better place to go shoot at, too, so we will talk soon!

Django

Post Number: 1814
Posted on Tuesday, September 02, 2008 - 7:23 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Im have no doubt theres better ranges than the one on Chene. Ive just always wanted to check that place out and I love new experiences with businesses in the hood. No matter where it happens itll be a good time.

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.