Discuss Detroit » Archives - Connections II » Any boxers in the house? « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Lodgedodger
Username: Lodgedodger

Post Number: 378
Posted on Sunday, August 17, 2008 - 4:19 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

What type of tape is used to tape a boxer's hands before putting the gloves on?

Lnfant
Username: Lnfant

Post Number: 115
Posted on Sunday, August 17, 2008 - 4:34 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

use boxing tape:
http://store.titleboxing.com/t itle-boxing-tape.html

how-to tape hands:
http://revver.com/video/733654 /tape-hands-boxing-how-to-tape -hands-for-boxing/

http://revver.com/video/168712/basic-handwrap/

(Message edited by Lnfant on August 17, 2008)

Lodgedodger

Post Number: 380
Posted on Sunday, August 17, 2008 - 6:33 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Thanks!

Lodgedodger

Post Number: 381
Posted on Sunday, August 17, 2008 - 6:35 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I wonder if it would work for feet. For areas that "rub".

East_detroit
Username: East_detroit

Post Number: 1980
Posted on Sunday, August 17, 2008 - 8:54 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Is it for areas that rub or is it for wrist stability?

Lodgedodger

Post Number: 382
Posted on Sunday, August 17, 2008 - 9:01 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Oh, is that what the tape is used for, wrist stability? I'd like to use it for areas that rub.

Pgn421
Username: Pgn421

Post Number: 794
Posted on Monday, August 18, 2008 - 8:39 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

get mole skin ,it is used if there is friction

Lodgedodger

Post Number: 385
Posted on Monday, August 18, 2008 - 9:25 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Thanks so much, I shall.

Diane12163
Username: Diane12163

Post Number: 180
Posted on Monday, August 18, 2008 - 11:49 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hmmm...any boxers in the house? No, just briefs. :-)

Lodgedodger

Post Number: 386
Posted on Monday, August 18, 2008 - 12:05 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I just KNEW someone would post a response to boxers vs. briefs.

I don't wear either, thanks!
;-)

Zitro
Username: Zitro

Post Number: 1637
Posted on Monday, August 18, 2008 - 5:13 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

How about this knucklehead, not my son our dog.

Diane12163

Post Number: 186
Posted on Monday, August 18, 2008 - 7:11 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Thank you so much for sharing that insightful information Lodgedodger. We are all so much more enriched in our little lives knowing that you don't wear boxers or briefs. We will forever be eternally grateful to you for giving us that information and making our lives complete.

Diane12163

Post Number: 187
Posted on Monday, August 18, 2008 - 7:13 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Zitro your dog is adorable and you have a very handsome son.

Lodgedodger

Post Number: 392
Posted on Monday, August 18, 2008 - 7:53 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Diane, I'm a woman. Boxers and briefs aren't in my wardrobe or underwear drawer. ;-)

Diane12163

Post Number: 191
Posted on Tuesday, August 19, 2008 - 3:05 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Lodgedodger---colour my face about beet red. I don't know why I assumed you were a guy. God! I just set myself and maybe all of womenkind back 50 years. Sorry. :-@

Lodgedodger

Post Number: 404
Posted on Tuesday, August 19, 2008 - 11:50 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Ahhh...don't worry about it. ;-) It's very common to assume I'm a man by my user name. If I were a man, I'd wear boxer briefs, they look so comfy and warm.

Diane12163

Post Number: 204
Posted on Wednesday, August 20, 2008 - 3:47 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Thanks Lodgedodger. I'd either wear those or those cute boy shorts looking briefs. Truth be told, I had a couple pairs of men's briefs and wore them. They are far comfier than women's panties and no ride up either. It's actually very vogue for women to wear the men's ones now.

Eriedearie
Username: Eriedearie

Post Number: 2808
Posted on Wednesday, August 20, 2008 - 6:56 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Not to thread jack or nuttin' ... but Diane what is your connection to Canada or the UK? I've seen you use certain words that you spell a bit differently than in the States. I think I've read something you posted with the word neighbour and now colour - just curious???? LOL

Oh - and just so you don't feel like the only one that thought Lodgedodger was a male - I thought she was too until recently when she wrote something about her husband. :-)

Diane12163

Post Number: 213
Posted on Thursday, August 21, 2008 - 4:39 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Eriedearie-I might say the same about you with your nickname here. It sounds very Irish. I actually am not British or Canadian but, I have since the beginning of my schoolyears spelled everything the British or European way. It used to drive my teachers and nuns at St. Jude's and Dominican nuts and also my mum. I got in several heated debaters about the idea of spelling the way I have. When you think about it, the first English spoken and written was over in Europe in Great Britian. It was Chaucer and I believe back in the very early centuries like 3rd/4th something like that and the language was very formalised and has since come down several pegs. Yet, there are still classes of British English. There is the Queen's English/very formal, A London English/A little less formal but still all good and proper, then a Midlands sound which is less formal yet and has more slang, then a south sound like Sussex, Brighton which has more slang and less formality, then Cockney which is almost all slang and a language unto itself very much like Afrikaans has a lot of surfer slang. Cockney has a lot of very street sounding slang which uses a lot of sound alike words to beat about the bush as it were. Wales has its own diction as well as Isle Of Wight. It's really a district seperated language with various terms to define it. Have a go at a British slang site sometime to see how the different slangs are. So, I've always loved that proper sort of speech and writing and when you actually look at the words(colour, cheque, suprise, etc.)you see they have a softness about them. que is softer than ck, suprise looks softer than surprize, colour looks softer than color.

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.