Discuss Detroit » Archives - Connections II » Shrinking pics « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Terryh
Username: Terryh

Post Number: 894
Posted on Monday, August 11, 2008 - 1:33 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I took many pics of Detroit area magazines and books from the 30s to 60's. Have a Rosedale Park homeowners association magazine in my Detroit history collection but the pics way exceded the maximum dimension of 550 by500 or whatever it was. Vista isnt compatible with this program I tried using. To be honest it was a little confusing. I quickly figured out how to post pics on Craigslist and E-bay, why is the dimension limited on this site.

Im sure many DYes members will find the pics interesting as they are a part of Detroit history. Any suggestions? step by step please. bullet what I need to do.
Example:

Thanks

Eriedearie
Username: Eriedearie

Post Number: 2690
Posted on Monday, August 11, 2008 - 1:49 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Someone posted this site on another thread a while back. It works really well and is easy. Give it a try!

http://www.reducephoto.com/

We would be very interested in seeing your pics. :-)

Jimaz
Username: Jimaz

Post Number: 6070
Posted on Monday, August 11, 2008 - 3:52 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

http://www.irfanview.com/ works well for me. You can just use its resize/resample function and ignore all the rest. Most often if the filesize is too large all I have to do is load it and save it.

Another option is to host the photos on another website and just post a link to it here.

Terryh

Post Number: 895
Posted on Monday, August 11, 2008 - 4:02 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Great info. Im learning. It seems my camera battery has to be recharged often if I plug and unplug the camera into my laptop more than once.Im still not sure how I am filing. I used public computers and simply surfed the net or occasionally used Word. Im Learning the basics now that I have a home computer.

The info should help. Thanks for the help.

Terryh

Post Number: 906
Posted on Tuesday, August 19, 2008 - 11:38 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I tried reducedphoto, was instructed to right click and click on save picture as, but there was no save picture as, only a save background as instruction. I was able to rotate the picture.

Terryh

Post Number: 907
Posted on Tuesday, August 19, 2008 - 11:42 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Im going to have to have someone stop by and guide me through step by step. I surrender.Cant do it. I have so many interesting Detroit era books and magazines to show off. Will want to sell some eventually.

Alley
Username: Alley

Post Number: 572
Posted on Wednesday, August 20, 2008 - 1:21 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

www.shrinkpictures.com
it's easier than easy

Kenp
Username: Kenp

Post Number: 1142
Posted on Wednesday, August 20, 2008 - 2:58 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I use shrinkpictures.com , it is simple as alley stated. In fact I uploaded a pic today that was shrunk.

Neilr
Username: Neilr

Post Number: 775
Posted on Wednesday, August 20, 2008 - 3:28 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Alley, I just tried it. It works with my Mac, and it's really easy. Thanks.

(Message edited by Neilr on August 20, 2008)

Terryh

Post Number: 908
Posted on Wednesday, August 20, 2008 - 9:54 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Ill get it. Thanks a million guys.

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.