Discuss Detroit » Archives - Connections II » Noble=Tappan Roll Call. « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Jjaba
Username: Jjaba

Post Number: 7155
Posted on Sunday, August 10, 2008 - 7:49 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

jjaba recently ran into a woman, age, 65, who attended Noble and Tappan, schools on the Westside. Anybody else?

jjaba, Proudly Westsider.

The_rock
Username: The_rock

Post Number: 2447
Posted on Tuesday, August 12, 2008 - 12:47 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

How do you know she was 65? Is that the first thing you ask a woman when you run into her, "how old are you"? I hope you also said "excuse me".
At least that's the way we do it on the Eastside.

Jjaba

Post Number: 7178
Posted on Wednesday, August 13, 2008 - 6:34 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I sized her up by her tri-focals and year of graduation from 7th grade at Noble and 9th at Tappan. Does The Rock have any other Eastside wise-guy questions?

We are a bastian of civility over here. Besides, she shared her experience on getting Medicare as we stared into each other's eyes over a Vernor's float.

jjaba, Proudly Westside.

Ray1936
Username: Ray1936

Post Number: 3508
Posted on Thursday, August 14, 2008 - 9:18 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

We're proud of our maturity on the Westside. I've noticed that no Eastsider admits to being over 39, but their medicare cards give them away.

Vain folks, them sunrisers.

Oh, oh, Rock and I threadjacked......

Jjaba

Post Number: 7187
Posted on Thursday, August 14, 2008 - 3:45 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

jjaba cutting old newsboys some slack.
Well, if you call Detroit Shopping News a newspaper.

jjaba.

The_rock

Post Number: 2448
Posted on Thursday, August 14, 2008 - 5:42 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Oh, my--these westsiders are getting a little personal now. Picking on sunriser's vanity, and now the Detroit Shopping News ( a Detroit landmark unto itself).

Meanwhile, there do not appear to be any Tappan/Noble grads out there. Let's give it another week.

Jjaba

Post Number: 7192
Posted on Thursday, August 14, 2008 - 6:14 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

No offense Rock. What's the sunriser bit?
Is that groupspeak for Eastsider?

What is jjaba, chopped liver, in this heat?
jjaba.

The_rock

Post Number: 2449
Posted on Friday, August 15, 2008 - 6:40 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Check out Ray's Post # 3508.
Res Ipsa loquitur
Beautiful sunrise this morning.

Ray1936
Username: Ray1936

Post Number: 3511
Posted on Friday, August 15, 2008 - 9:13 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Actually, Rock, a few in my neighborhood went to Tappan, but most followed the Primary School to High School direct route. Tappan was called an "Intermediate" school back then. I guess we call them Middle Schools today.

Personally, I feel the "middle school" concept is expensive and unnecessary. I had no problems at all with K-8 and 9-12 educations.

Si Quarus Penisulam Ad Nauseam.

Jjaba

Post Number: 7201
Posted on Saturday, August 16, 2008 - 11:57 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Thanks Rock. It speaks for itself.
That's like everybody knows that nobody in Grosse Pointe wears socks with tassled lawyer shoes. It speaks for itself.

That means you don't have to ask a Jewish boy in NW Detroit which church he attends on Sunday or how wide is his lakefront property.

jjaba gets it. Not a word of Latin was ever spoken in Hebrew School so this is all new to jjaba. Evidently, Jewish lawyers catch on quickly.

jjaba, Westsider.

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.