Discuss Detroit » Archives - Connections II » UAW HQ On Jefferson Office Staff Roll Call « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Diane12163
Username: Diane12163

Post Number: 86
Posted on Sunday, August 10, 2008 - 5:04 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I am wondering if there are any office staff like secretaries, accounting department staff, auditing department staff or anyone in the offices of either the main building or Solidarity House on Jefferson that worked there from 1940 to 1990 especially. Would love to hear your reminiscences of working there, the strikes, the news and just the day to day things. Also, anyone who belonged to the OPEIU and who went to the dinner/dances they had at Solidarity House.

Frankg
Username: Frankg

Post Number: 507
Posted on Thursday, August 14, 2008 - 4:02 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I worked in the National Organizing Department 2004-2006. I also signed a statement saying I wouldn't talk about my work there. I am not sure DYes is a good place for reminiscing about working there.

Diane12163

Post Number: 124
Posted on Thursday, August 14, 2008 - 5:24 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Frankg: I am not using it as a forum to talk about any work there, just to connect with people who did. My mom worked at the UAW when it was still in a house and up until the mid 80's and she got to know a lot of people there but, has since lost contact. I'm simply trying to reconnect people as friends for her. I realise confidentiality and this is a small talk only thing.

Oldredfordette
Username: Oldredfordette

Post Number: 5230
Posted on Thursday, August 14, 2008 - 7:47 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

There is a woman who worked there when your mom did, her name is Ethel Schwartz. You can find her working for the Gray Panthers of Michigan. If you look her up there, you can find all sorts of folks through her.

Diane12163

Post Number: 130
Posted on Thursday, August 14, 2008 - 9:27 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Thank you Oldfordette. She sounds a bit familiar, too.

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.