Discuss Detroit » Archives - Connections II » Open City. I need help! « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Sean_of_detroit
Username: Sean_of_detroit

Post Number: 1180
Posted on Friday, July 18, 2008 - 5:11 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

While I know how do to many things with computers, in some areas I am completely lost. Before this year, I didn't own a computer, and would lurk or answer mail via a friend's computer.

I joined Open City a little while ago, but have absolutely no idea what it is, or how to use it. Could anyone maybe help me out somehow? I am getting E-mail questions being asked to the group, but have absolutely no idea how to respond to them, or ask my own. Is it a message board of some sort? I wish they had some sort of tutorial. I feel so dumb asking this. I joined thinking it was a monthly business networking event. I had absolutely no idea they also did things online.

Any help would be appreciated.

Blondy
Username: Blondy

Post Number: 1232
Posted on Friday, July 18, 2008 - 7:22 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Please email me what questions you have been asked from the group, and have you joined the Yahoo group yet?
Liz

Sean_of_detroit
Username: Sean_of_detroit

Post Number: 1182
Posted on Friday, July 18, 2008 - 9:30 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I have joined. I haven't used it yet though. I've been reading and exploring, but know I'm not using it to it's full potential. The questions people are asking are directed to the group, and not me in particular.

Thank you, thank you for the help!

Oh, my name is Sean Of Detroit over there too.

Blondy
Username: Blondy

Post Number: 1233
Posted on Friday, July 18, 2008 - 9:51 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Please see www.opencitydetroit.com for a schedule of meetings, our next will be held 9/16/08.

Keep in mind though that the purpose of Open City is simply to encourage people to open small businesses in the city. You still need to write your own business plan, secure funding, find a location, etc. All we can do is encourage and mentor people!

Have you ever considered meeting with a SCORE counselor?

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.