Discuss Detroit » Archives - Connections II » Looking for help in the work dept. « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

D_mcc
Username: D_mcc

Post Number: 991
Posted on Monday, July 14, 2008 - 9:46 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

So, I am itching to return to the D to live and work...and play

I have been searching for a progressive architecture firm on the smaller side where I can learn and gain valuable experience. If anyone has ANY information or leads, I would REALLY appreciate any and all help. Thanks fellow D'Yesrs

Rsa
Username: Rsa

Post Number: 1523
Posted on Tuesday, July 15, 2008 - 9:40 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

you're looking for such a firm to make your living from? if so, i'd advise against a move right now. if you're in the profession i'm sure you know that architects are some of the first ones to feel a recession. and we've got quite a doozy here right now. while some firms aren't hurting, trying to get a job in the field is quite competitive.

but, if you're only looking for experience, i may know of some places.

D_mcc

Post Number: 993
Posted on Tuesday, July 15, 2008 - 11:02 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I am more focused on expanding my experience and working in an office that will allow me to focus on the goals that I have set for myself. At this point in time, I am less concerned with money, and more concerned with learning in an environment that allows me to build upon my creativity and apply that into real-world scenarios.

237am
Username: 237am

Post Number: 10
Posted on Tuesday, July 15, 2008 - 10:32 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

dont move to detroit for architecture........ they are laying off and most firms only care if you know viz/sketchup/illustrator

D_mcc

Post Number: 997
Posted on Wednesday, July 16, 2008 - 12:19 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

So someone experienced in 3D BIM, Autocad, 3ds Studio Max, Rhino, Photoshop, Illustrator and Maya shouldn't look for work then right?

237am
Username: 237am

Post Number: 11
Posted on Wednesday, July 16, 2008 - 4:24 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

you shouldnt have a problem then.....

but most firms are laying off......

i have been looking for a 9-5 for a few years and so far nothing....... cant really do construction anymore due to bad knees....

Bulletmagnet
Username: Bulletmagnet

Post Number: 1421
Posted on Wednesday, July 16, 2008 - 4:49 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Leave Michigan and tell the first job prospect that you get that your not from here. Good luck.

D_mcc

Post Number: 998
Posted on Thursday, July 17, 2008 - 8:51 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

bump_

D_mcc

Post Number: 1010
Posted on Saturday, July 19, 2008 - 6:38 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Bump_

anyone? anyone?

D_mcc

Post Number: 1055
Posted on Thursday, July 24, 2008 - 9:46 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

*sigh*

bump

Downtown_lady
Username: Downtown_lady

Post Number: 41
Posted on Saturday, August 09, 2008 - 4:31 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

bump

Rsa
Username: Rsa

Post Number: 1539
Posted on Thursday, August 21, 2008 - 5:21 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

d_mcc; shoot me an email; rockstarchitect(at)aol(dot)com

[ps. i might not check my account after 7.30 tonight until monday, so my response to you might not be speedy.]

Cambrian
Username: Cambrian

Post Number: 1953
Posted on Friday, August 22, 2008 - 10:03 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Get with any of the numerous defense firms in the area, as they seem to have the money to add staff. Automotive is laying off again, no surprises there.

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.