Discuss Detroit » Archives - Connections II » Who's been lurking and for how long...? « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Maof2
Username: Maof2

Post Number: 8
Posted on Monday, July 07, 2008 - 9:35 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

That's me - since March '08. I recently joined last week and just loved it. Come on now, don't be bashful.

Detroitrise
Username: Detroitrise

Post Number: 2715
Posted on Monday, July 07, 2008 - 10:19 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

In other words, this is the newbie thread. :-)

Welcome one and most to the DetroitYes! Forums!

(Message edited by DetroitRise on July 07, 2008)

Zimm
Username: Zimm

Post Number: 63
Posted on Monday, July 07, 2008 - 10:56 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

i lurked for about 5 years before joining...

Spiritofdetroit
Username: Spiritofdetroit

Post Number: 1026
Posted on Monday, July 07, 2008 - 12:01 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I think we all wish that one of the posters above remained a lurker...

hmmm, where's Urbanize?

Johnlodge
Username: Johnlodge

Post Number: 7503
Posted on Monday, July 07, 2008 - 1:44 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

The trouble with giving a shout out to lurkers is that they don't shout back. Hence the name.

Maof2

Post Number: 9
Posted on Monday, July 07, 2008 - 2:39 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I'm back. I don't know, I thought maybe some people wouldn't be afraid of jumpin' on board.
Spirit - "are you taklin' to me"?

Maof2

Post Number: 10
Posted on Monday, July 07, 2008 - 2:46 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

well, maybe this is just gonna turn out to be a dead thread.

Spiritofdetroit
Username: Spiritofdetroit

Post Number: 1028
Posted on Monday, July 07, 2008 - 3:19 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Of course I am not talking to you Maof. Another feller with just a few more posts than you!

Servite76
Username: Servite76

Post Number: 47
Posted on Monday, July 07, 2008 - 6:44 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Welcome Maof2, I'm new myself. I really didn't lurk, but just stumbled across great board. I'm an ex-Detroiter, though my heart will always have a special place for Detroit. I was born and raised on the eastside and lived there until I got married at 25. My wife was from GP and didn't know that life existed on the other side of Mack Ave.

Maof2

Post Number: 11
Posted on Monday, July 07, 2008 - 7:04 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Thanks Servite. Check out HOF - St. John Berchmans. I too grew up on the east side - Manistique and Mack. Just went by the old school and neighborhood Saturday. Good memories.

Eriedearie
Username: Eriedearie

Post Number: 2214
Posted on Monday, July 07, 2008 - 9:59 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Welcome Maof2! I only lurked for a couple of months till I felt I had something of some importance to add. I like to read all the different opinions and uptakes on the wide variety of subjects that Dyes posters come up with.

I grew up on the east side too; around the Harper, Gratiot, Van Dyke area. Although Detroit is not where I was born - I call Detroit my hometown and I'm proud to do so.

Anyway, welcome! I look forward to reading your views here too.

Maof2

Post Number: 12
Posted on Monday, July 07, 2008 - 10:46 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Thanks Erie. I get very sentimental about the old neighborhood. Hope to add something of importance and interest too.

Lferg
Username: Lferg

Post Number: 2
Posted on Wednesday, July 09, 2008 - 5:27 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Count me in as a lurker, LOL. I have been reading the posts for a few months but just finally joined yesterday.

Maof2

Post Number: 19
Posted on Wednesday, July 09, 2008 - 5:43 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hello Lferg! Should be fun! I'm only a few post ahead of ya.

Lferg
Username: Lferg

Post Number: 3
Posted on Wednesday, July 09, 2008 - 5:51 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Thanks Maof2:-)

Eriedearie

Post Number: 2257
Posted on Thursday, July 10, 2008 - 8:30 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Welcome to forum Lferg! Ditto my remarks to Maof2...

Jcole
Username: Jcole

Post Number: 2397
Posted on Thursday, July 10, 2008 - 1:22 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I didn't really lurk, but when I signed up in 06, I posted a question on one of the threads that I got slapped for, so I didn't post again for two years. Not the friendliest greeting, but it's been more than made up for in the last several months.
Welcome Mao and Lferg.

Maof2

Post Number: 30
Posted on Thursday, July 10, 2008 - 1:29 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Jcole - ohh, what could you have asked? Must've been a good one.

Jcole

Post Number: 2399
Posted on Thursday, July 10, 2008 - 1:56 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I was asking about someone that I knew growing up, and wanted to see if anyone knew the family or where they had gone. There were some very sad circumstances surrounding the family, and one of the posters didn't like the fact that I was asking and more or less told me to shut up. So I did

Maof2

Post Number: 31
Posted on Thursday, July 10, 2008 - 2:20 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Just an honest mistake.

Jcole

Post Number: 2404
Posted on Thursday, July 10, 2008 - 2:38 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Yes, I didn't intentionally go in to upset anyone. Just wanted info

Detroitbred
Username: Detroitbred

Post Number: 9
Posted on Thursday, July 10, 2008 - 3:51 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I have been lurking for a couple years till I joined up last week. Hopefully I will have something to contribute once in a while. I find the wide array of opinions, etc very interesting. What first attracted me was the info on old buildings in Detroit. The I became hooked!

Servite76
Username: Servite76

Post Number: 51
Posted on Thursday, July 10, 2008 - 4:36 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Welcome Detroitbred, as I told Maof2, I'm also new.

Farsouth
Username: Farsouth

Post Number: 1
Posted on Thursday, July 10, 2008 - 9:34 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I ve been lurking for about 2 years.
I'm ready for war! (just jokes!) Hello Everyone!

Eriedearie

Post Number: 2269
Posted on Thursday, July 10, 2008 - 10:07 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hello and welcome to the forum Farsouth! Ditto my remarks to the others...

Django
Username: Django

Post Number: 1273
Posted on Friday, July 11, 2008 - 3:07 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Farsouth, WELCOME. 2 damn years, geeeze. And this is your FIRST post. After lurking for 2 years you should know by now who to pick your battles with. Im sure youll do fine. Again Welcome.

Jcole, now youve pricked my interest as to what was the original question you asked that you got slapped for. Sounds juicy. Thats all the prying Ill do.

D_mcc
Username: D_mcc

Post Number: 976
Posted on Friday, July 11, 2008 - 3:54 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I lurked for about...3 years before I finally manned up and joined to spread my filth :-)

Awfavre
Username: Awfavre

Post Number: 267
Posted on Friday, July 11, 2008 - 3:44 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I’ve been a lurker for years. Don’t post much on the opinion stuff, just about boats & beer & things like that. :-)

Maof2

Post Number: 50
Posted on Friday, July 11, 2008 - 4:32 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hello Awfavre, did you go to the races today? We like beer too!!

Awfavre
Username: Awfavre

Post Number: 268
Posted on Friday, July 11, 2008 - 5:25 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Nope. I watched a couple boats fly around the course & saw the jet do its tricks from my office Downtown. Glad you like beer, too!

Oh, & welcome. Won't take you long to surpass my number of posts. :-)

Jcole

Post Number: 2467
Posted on Friday, July 11, 2008 - 10:28 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Django, I grew up on the far northeast side, and my Dad was a Detroit cop for over 35 years. He was on the force with another guy that had 8 kids and we were friends with them. I dated one of the sons. The dad and oldest son ultimately committed suicide and there were several other tragedies in the family. I lost track of them after I married. Two years ago, on one of the Paradise lost threads, I asked a if anybody knew what happened to this family, and were any of them still around. One of the posters told me to drop the discussion of the family.
I did

Bulletmagnet
Username: Bulletmagnet

Post Number: 1444
Posted on Wednesday, July 16, 2008 - 5:36 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Oops! I thought I read "Jerking" for a long time. Sorry, my mistake.

Maof2

Post Number: 67
Posted on Wednesday, July 16, 2008 - 6:42 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

jerking, lurking, could be the same difference, i guess

Bulletmagnet
Username: Bulletmagnet

Post Number: 1460
Posted on Wednesday, July 16, 2008 - 6:50 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

You won't get carpal tunnel just from "lurking", Maof2

Diane12163
Username: Diane12163

Post Number: 207
Posted on Wednesday, August 20, 2008 - 4:21 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I lurked for a polite 5 minutes and joined in. Glad I did. Loving reconnecting with my hometown. I'm in Houston and want to come back to the D. Miss my hangouts, stores and family.

Dorothyd
Username: Dorothyd

Post Number: 41
Posted on Thursday, August 21, 2008 - 10:48 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I lurked a long time (over seven years), since before you had to register to respond to posts, and finally registered last autumn when I wanted to respond to someone. It is the best way to keep up with things happening in Detroit. I am always telling my friends things before they find out about it in the paper or TV.

Sean_of_detroit
Username: Sean_of_detroit

Post Number: 1562
Posted on Thursday, August 21, 2008 - 11:54 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I know a Dorothy from the Ann Arbor/Detroit area. Is it a common name?

Sean_of_detroit

Post Number: 1563
Posted on Thursday, August 21, 2008 - 11:56 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I've lurked on here forever. It was looking for information about the GAR that first brought me here. It's my favorite abandoned building.

Vintagesoul
Username: Vintagesoul

Post Number: 67
Posted on Thursday, August 21, 2008 - 3:22 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

i lurk mostly, and only post when I feel strongly enough about the subject matter to do so... i try to make sure i know what i'm talking about too...lol...

i absolutely love this board -it was lowell's pictures that caused me to even come across it in the first place. i was like "oh there's this site with a great photo tour of abandoned buildings on it...and oh yeah there's a forum too!"

and here I am a year later still reading daily.

Dorothyd
Username: Dorothyd

Post Number: 42
Posted on Thursday, August 21, 2008 - 3:36 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Sean, I have met a few other Dorothy's in my day. I don't know how common a name it is, but the ladies I know with that name seem to be of an older generation.

Lodgedodger
Username: Lodgedodger

Post Number: 436
Posted on Thursday, August 21, 2008 - 5:10 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I lurked for about three years. One of the first nights I started reading the forum, two people were ripping each other a new one over what (I thought) to be a niggling little subject. I wasn't sure I wanted to put myself through something like that.

Now I know better, rip back! (Of course, I'm not one to argue, if anyone's noticed. Not my style.)

Alfie1a
Username: Alfie1a

Post Number: 53
Posted on Thursday, August 21, 2008 - 7:44 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I've been lurking around in the shadows here since last fall. Don't have much of any great significance to say but I enjoy reading what others write. The opinions are varied and most are very well stated. I learn a lot from this board, and not only about Detroit.

Sean_of_detroit

Post Number: 1577
Posted on Friday, August 22, 2008 - 7:21 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

The one I know is 23. It must be someone else...

I still am surprised how many people are still in this city...

Docterry
Username: Docterry

Posted on Friday, August 22, 2008 - 8:58 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hello, All -
Been lurking for years, glad to finally come out of the shadows.

Originalg313
Username: Originalg313

Post Number: 3
Posted on Friday, August 22, 2008 - 10:25 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi everyone!
I've been lurking for nearly 4 years. I finally decided to join the fun, yesterday.

Savorynotsweet
Username: Savorynotsweet

Posted on Friday, August 22, 2008 - 10:36 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I'm a long time listener, first time caller.....

Maof2

Post Number: 337
Posted on Friday, August 22, 2008 - 1:29 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Welcome Doc, Original and Savory - Let the fun begin!!

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.