Discuss Detroit » Archives - Connections II » Who enjoys the paranormal/crypto forums ? « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Bigb23
Username: Bigb23

Post Number: 1994
Posted on Wednesday, June 25, 2008 - 8:13 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I just try to keep an open mind on everything. And since everybody is throwing everything on here, I saw my chance. I used to enjoy the "Ghost Hunters" on cable, are there any reputable paranormal societies in the area? And does anybody have a story to add here?

Django
Username: Django

Post Number: 1080
Posted on Wednesday, June 25, 2008 - 9:57 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I dont know how reputable this is but when My Ex and I first moved into her house on Farnsworth, we (mostly me) would hear footsteps upstairs all the time. I just assumed she was home walkin around up there until I realized she was at work. I would be callin up there for her. Of course no one answered, this went on for months. We also had a lot of strange images show up on her digi. camera pics.

Bigb23

Post Number: 2007
Posted on Wednesday, June 25, 2008 - 10:06 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I had a girlfriend who lived in a house from the 1840's. One night while staying over there in the bedroom alone, I saw a bottle of perfume move at least five feet from one dresser to another. I'm not crazy, just a little disturbed.

Alan55
Username: Alan55

Post Number: 1851
Posted on Thursday, June 26, 2008 - 10:18 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

"...any "reputable" paranormal societies in the area?"

The answer is definitely no.

(Aren't the "Ghost Hunters" guys Roto-Rooter plumbers during the day? This is your idea of reputable?)

Johnlodge
Username: Johnlodge

Post Number: 7329
Posted on Thursday, June 26, 2008 - 12:16 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Here's the best Ghost Hunters in town:

http://www.glghostsociety.com/

Bigb23

Post Number: 2031
Posted on Saturday, June 28, 2008 - 10:34 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Alan55 -

Hey - in regards to "Ghost Hunters", they are at least "professional" in what they do after hours. Very believable.
And I have seen some incredible photographic evidence on that show.

Lnfant
Username: Lnfant

Post Number: 25
Posted on Friday, July 04, 2008 - 11:55 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

In 1984/5-ish, my friend Jill and I were exercising the newly-found freedom of driving. We were teenagers and we roamed all over the Metropolitan Detroit area in my dad's car. We came upon an embassy just east of Woodward up quite a ways, north of Birmingham. Wow, we had no idea that there were embassies in Detroit- so we decided to check it out! We drove into the very dark driveway, it was a cold night without much snow on the ground. As soon as we got to the back of the large mansion-size house, I saw a blond woman, wearing a long white flowing gown. She seemed distant in thought as she looked toward us. There was a soft breeze moving her hair and gown. She stood on the balcony, in front of a brightly lit up room, making her blond hair and white gown glow. Well, I immediately figured we had to get the heck outta there. But Jill wondered what I was reacting to because she didn't see any of this. Huh? I pointed to the lit up balcony and the lady, they were very easy to point to and she insisted that there was no light on and there was no lady. Because I was the driver, we got outta there quickly and without harm (which was the overwhelming feeling I had). When we were talking later in the car, she insisted she didn't see anything and she wasn't trying to trick me. Approx ten years go by. I don't mention this incident with Jill much because I didn't know what to make of it all, other than it was odd. I went to the Royal Oak Library, to look for some research for a sculpture. In my random browsing, I came across a book on gnomes and fairies. I was in "open enquiry" mode so opened it up because the book itself looked interesting. In it there was an exact depiction of the lady I saw, right down the gown she wore! In the book they called her the "White Lady" and she makes herself visible to help young people when they are in trouble.

Since this experience, I've had to accept there are many more worlds, invisible to the human eye that are as real as the one we know. (But freak me out at first, it did!)

(Message edited by Lnfant on July 04, 2008)

Alley
Username: Alley

Post Number: 373
Posted on Saturday, July 05, 2008 - 9:38 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

http://info.detnews.com/redesi gn/history/story/historytempla te.cfm?id=133

"Ottawa Indian lore tells of the beautiful daughter of chief Sleeping Bear. Her beauty was so stunning that the Chief kept her hidden from the eyes of young suitors by hiding her near the Detroit River in a covered canoe. The winds, awed by her beauty, blew the covers off the boat and the craft floated down the river. A keeper of the water gates, enamored by her charms, kidnapped the fair maiden and brought her to his wigwam. The winds, angry over his selfish actions, fell upon him, beating him until he died. The winds, sorry for uncovering her beauty, sent her back to her father, Chief Sleeping Bear. The chief, fearful other suitors would follow, placed the princess on an island in the Detroit River and sought the aid of the Great Spirits to protect his beloved daughter by surrounding the island with snakes.

There she runs free through the woods with the gentle winds and wildlife as her companions, since the Great Spirit made her immortal to reign over the island for eternity. The early white settlers first named the island Isle St. Clair and later Rattlesnake Island. Today the land is called Belle Isle. Legend has it that the beautiful Indian maid still roams the woods often mistaken by picnickers as a deer. Her suitor, the keeper of the water gates, is said to roam the forests of nearby Peche Island.

The Belle Isle ghost lady also attracted midnight riders to drive through the scary woods there. This search for a vision of a woman in a long white gown certainly entertained the joy riders and just as certainly irritated the neckers parked along the roads. The white deer scampering through the trees (probably frightened by the walking ghost) also thrilled the gawkers."

Bigb23

Post Number: 2141
Posted on Sunday, July 06, 2008 - 12:18 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

The last I looked, that wasn't necking.

East_detroit
Username: East_detroit

Post Number: 1823
Posted on Sunday, July 06, 2008 - 9:58 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

The beautiful daughter of chief Sleeping Bear is now forced to live in the BI Zoo.

Sean_of_detroit
Username: Sean_of_detroit

Post Number: 1030
Posted on Monday, July 07, 2008 - 2:12 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

That old Warehouse in Rivertown (Globe Trading or whatever it's called) is pretty spooky. One of only a handful of ruins I have been in. The second floor in the office section had/has some sort of bizarre makeshift temple built into it on the (I think) East side of the room. Very bizarre site. Some sort of star/pinnacle thing drawn on the floor, along with tarot type cards of some sort drawn on a stack of wood. Also seems to be Latin graffiti all over the place. I have absolutely no idea what it reads.

Very bizarre, and unsettling.

I don't know what I really think about this whole topic. I like to keep an open mind I guess. I do not, however, understand why anyone would fear the dead to the point that some do. If they exist, they are just different forms of us. If I didn't fear someone when they were alive, why would I fear them in death?

Just seems kind of silly to me. Why such fear?

Bigb23

Post Number: 2153
Posted on Tuesday, July 08, 2008 - 8:27 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

quote:

If I didn't fear someone when they were alive, why would I fear them in death?

I don't know either, Just the fear of the "Known unknown" - (Rumsfeld)

Just keep an open mind.

Django
Username: Django

Post Number: 1232
Posted on Tuesday, July 08, 2008 - 10:16 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Alley, loved that story. Surprised Id never heard of it.

Im more of a UFO kinda guy. Any good stories out there involving unknown crafts?

Bigb23

Post Number: 2161
Posted on Tuesday, July 08, 2008 - 10:28 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Here Dj - Check this out and many more when you Google UFO - Selfridge. Many strange things out there.

http://ufologie.net/htm/selfri dge50.htm

Lnfant
Username: Lnfant

Post Number: 31
Posted on Wednesday, July 09, 2008 - 12:22 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Jomon Period ceramics (4,000BCE Japan) have spacesuit references.

"Our interest here is something that likewise links Japanese prehistory with the modern space fantasy. Beside pots, the Jomon Jidai ceramic artifacts include some figures, called Dogu. With an intriguing appearance, highly stylized, some of them were recently understood as “six thousand years-old space suits”, proof of ancient contacts with extraterrestrials.

'The idea of ancient astronauts antedates its most famous promoter, Erich von Däniken, in decades. And we can locate the association between the Japanese Dogu figures and “space suits” as early as an article by Russian scientist Viatcheslaw Zaitsev published on the soviet magazine Spoutnik in June 1967. This article was also the origin of the Fergana astronaut hoax — which was not Zaitsev’s fault — and also played a big role in the popularization of the legend of the Dropas.

'Curiously, though, real space suits were never exactly like Dogu figures. Granted, there’s a general resemblance, but made from flexible parts, like a clothe with many layers, real astronaut suits are not like the seemingly rigid round shapes that can be seen in the clay figures. The space suits we know have something very familiar: creases.

'More curious still is the fact that future space suits may become very similar to the thousands-years old clay figures. This change is not aesthetic, Botero had nothing to do with it. Future suits may have rigid layers, with sophisticated joints, offering better protection to the men and women who will walk on Mars. They’re effectively armor suits. The resemblance with the Japanese figures is astounding, considering that the AX-5 concept was created around 1985, decades after Zaitsev’s article and most certainly not inspired by it.

'Speaking of suits, deep sea diving suits are also very similar to the ancient figures. Just as on the rigid space suits, the round shapes are not arbitrary. As they must counteract great pressures, the use of spherical shapes capable of better distributing forces is an engineering solution. The design of the articulated joints also contribute to the unique appearance of those suits. Which are being used effectively right now."

"Forgetomori" full article

Johnlodge
Username: Johnlodge

Post Number: 7519
Posted on Wednesday, July 09, 2008 - 12:47 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Helicopters and airplane carvings in an ancient Egyptian temple?

http://www.veling.nl/anne/temp lars/ancientaircraft_nf.html

You be the judge!

Bulletmagnet
Username: Bulletmagnet

Post Number: 1452
Posted on Wednesday, July 16, 2008 - 5:49 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Bigb23, yes. But now I forgot! Darn ESP aint working.

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.