Discuss Detroit » Archives - Connections II » Ernst Kraft family in Detroit « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Msk1953
Username: Msk1953

Post Number: 1
Posted on Tuesday, June 24, 2008 - 12:45 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I am doing Kraft family genealogy for the Ernst Kraft family from Detroit and would like to connect with other family members to share information. Ernst Kraft b. 1855 and his wife Caroline Engel b. 1863 in Michigan were my great-grandparents. Their son Paul Julius Kraft b. 1887 in Detroit was my grandfather. Pictures of Paul's garage, on MacDougall, were posted here recently by my daughter CT4438.
I am including a family portrait here, Paul is standing in the back, far right, in the photo.

Ernst Kraft family

Mikeg
Username: Mikeg

Post Number: 1688
Posted on Tuesday, June 24, 2008 - 8:41 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I have a Francis X. Kraft who married Catherine Brohl in my family tree. The had a son, also named Francis X. Kraft, who was born on 12 June 1904. The son married my great aunt on 20 June 1928.

I have no other information about the senior Kraft, so I don't know if there is any connection to the Ernst Kraft family.

Sailor_rick
Username: Sailor_rick

Post Number: 218
Posted on Thursday, July 17, 2008 - 11:39 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

My great-Grandfather was a Kraft (Joseph), emigrated in the early 1900's, lived in Wyandotte.

Billybbrew
Username: Billybbrew

Post Number: 319
Posted on Saturday, July 19, 2008 - 11:40 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I wonder if the Engel is related to the Engel family of the Chris Engel's Greenhouse in SW Detroit.

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.