Discuss Detroit » Archives - Connections II » French Decendent Roll Call « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Steelworker
Username: Steelworker

Post Number: 1102
Posted on Tuesday, June 24, 2008 - 12:04 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

My family came to detroit in late 1800's but have been in north american since late 1600's. Im blessed with a nice french last name. Anyone Else

Scs_scooter
Username: Scs_scooter

Post Number: 90
Posted on Tuesday, June 24, 2008 - 5:02 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I am French Canadian. Great Grandpa came to Detroit in the late 1800's, as well. While doing geneology searches, I hit a wall. No further back than Quebec. Bienvenue au groupe.

Scs_scooter
Username: Scs_scooter

Post Number: 91
Posted on Tuesday, June 24, 2008 - 5:08 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hey wait a minute... I am already on the Dog Owners list and the Good Looking Folks list. I hope there isn't a limit to my classifications on this forum! I don't wait to appear greedy, ya know.

Gazhekwe
Username: Gazhekwe

Post Number: 2275
Posted on Tuesday, June 24, 2008 - 6:38 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

My grandfather Aimé came from Quebec in about 1910, and helped build that big smokestack at Dodge Main.

Kathleen
Username: Kathleen

Post Number: 2917
Posted on Tuesday, June 24, 2008 - 7:00 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Proud descendant of Pierre Roy, one of Cadillac's scouts, and wife Marguerite Oubankikove, a Maumee Indian. Other early Detroit settlers in the family tree have such surnames as Beaubien, Campau, Chauvin, Chene, and St. Aubin.

Steelworker
Username: Steelworker

Post Number: 1103
Posted on Tuesday, June 24, 2008 - 12:27 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

impressive kathleen. There is a small gap in my geneology. I know my great grandpa served in WW1 and grandpa in WW2. I know they came to Quebec in late 1600's and they departed from Nantes, France. Last name is the only that is French every male in my family has married a women from a different nationality. Maybe I will as well

Kathleen
Username: Kathleen

Post Number: 2919
Posted on Tuesday, June 24, 2008 - 3:44 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Steelworker: Have you consulted The Genealogy of the French Families of the Detroit River Region, 1701-1936 by Fr. Christian Denissen? Once I was able to tie into that genealogy, I was able to trace many ancestral lines back to the founding of Detroit, with info on their Quebec and French roots.

French777
Username: French777

Post Number: 466
Posted on Tuesday, June 24, 2008 - 7:08 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

My French came to america in 1680's to New Paltz, New York later moved to Cincinatti/ Detroit area

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.