Discuss Detroit » Archives - Connections II » Cable TV and how much you love paying the excessively large cable bill « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Rax
Username: Rax

Post Number: 480
Posted on Friday, June 20, 2008 - 9:26 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Wally asked me to start a new thread for all the cable lovers out there. He used the word "fellate" to describe his passion towards cable TV. I love cable TV and could care less how much it costs. Anyone else with me? What are your favorite shows, stations, etc. Let's talk about all the great programming that doesn't air on 2,4,7,9,20,50,56, and 62!

Yooper
Username: Yooper

Post Number: 184
Posted on Friday, June 20, 2008 - 9:30 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I just gave my DVR remote a blow job because it is the best thing that has ever happened to me.

Gravitymachine
Username: Gravitymachine

Post Number: 2160
Posted on Friday, June 20, 2008 - 10:05 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

i only pay for cable internet which is ridiculous @ $60/month, i had hoped to steal cable tv like in my old place by merely removing the in-line filter, but in doing the installation on my new place, they put it up on the pole instead of on the side of the building so not so easy to get to

but thank god for wireless routers because i split the cost and the bandwidth with my friend in the flat below me. $30/month is almost reasonable

(Message edited by gravitymachine on June 20, 2008)

Udmphikapbob
Username: Udmphikapbob

Post Number: 590
Posted on Friday, June 20, 2008 - 10:08 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I wish I could just get the Digital and HD package, and not have to pay for the 70+ channels of basic cable that I don't watch! Discovery Theater, HDNet and PBSHD! Fine Living, DIY Network, IFC, Biography Channel...the list goes on.

Rax

Post Number: 486
Posted on Friday, June 20, 2008 - 10:11 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Good list Udmbobkappapie.

The new Retro 7 station is awesome. Mojo HD also has some pretty good concerts etc. NatGeo is great too.

Jcole
Username: Jcole

Post Number: 1855
Posted on Friday, June 20, 2008 - 12:32 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I use Charter and pay 130 a month for Digital cable with all the channels other than Showtime and a 10Mbps cable modem, which I almost went into withdrawals without during the recent unpleasantness.
Worth every penny for my sanity

Ray1936
Username: Ray1936

Post Number: 3275
Posted on Friday, June 20, 2008 - 1:14 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Having a couple of HDTVs in the house, cable is a must. But I enjoyed cable greatly even before I went HD. The National Geographic channel is worth a whole months cost, IMHO. Also the Science Channel, History Channel, etc. And some of the programs in HDTV from PBS are twice as enjoyable in that format.

Not to mention sports. Watching Tiger Woods in wide-screen HD last week was a five-day trip and joy. Football is super, unless the Lions are playing.

I must get 400+ channels, plus 50 channels of various stero music. Also all MLB games for which I pay extra (so I can watch the Tigers!).

Cox Cable in NV costs me $119 a month, but that includes my high-speed computer cable.

Rax

Post Number: 487
Posted on Friday, June 20, 2008 - 1:40 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I'm with you 100% Ray!

NatGeo in HD is the best. I have the MLB pack as well. Worth its weight in converters if you enjoy baseball.

Upinthewoods
Username: Upinthewoods

Post Number: 39
Posted on Friday, June 20, 2008 - 1:41 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

My cable costed a hammer, a cheap pocket knife, and some "creative" wiring. Unfortunetly this only gets you the basic 74 channel package.

Rax

Post Number: 488
Posted on Friday, June 20, 2008 - 1:43 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hey, 74 channels is nothing to sneeze at. If you aren't cheating, you're not trying.

Upinthewoods
Username: Upinthewoods

Post Number: 40
Posted on Friday, June 20, 2008 - 1:49 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Yeah I can't complain when you factor in the price. However I do miss the channel index and HBO. I feel like I am in the stone ages watching the preview channel. That and who needs pot with the zombie like trance the preview channel induces:-)

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.