Discuss Detroit » Archives - Connections II » Why hasn't anyone? « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Kathinozarks
Username: Kathinozarks

Post Number: 1278
Posted on Thursday, June 12, 2008 - 12:09 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Why hasn't anyone started a White Members on Detroit Yes Roll Call Thread?

Dtowncitylover
Username: Dtowncitylover

Post Number: 177
Posted on Thursday, June 12, 2008 - 12:12 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Because that would be racist. jk. Holla!

Johnnny5
Username: Johnnny5

Post Number: 758
Posted on Thursday, June 12, 2008 - 12:30 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Johnnny5 checking in.

Whtsoul_atcha! =)

Kathinozarks

Post Number: 1280
Posted on Thursday, June 12, 2008 - 12:35 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

oh. I just thought it would be fun. We could get members to 'check in' every month, we could hate on others of different races, and start spelling words in ways that insult people of all races.

Kathinozarks

Post Number: 1281
Posted on Thursday, June 12, 2008 - 12:36 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Oh, yay Johnnny5! You are our first white member!

Blksoul_x
Username: Blksoul_x

Post Number: 252
Posted on Thursday, June 12, 2008 - 9:04 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

'Kathinozarks' asked...
quote:

400 years of 'amerikkkan' GUILT...methinks why!__go figure!

blksoul_atcha!

Gannon
Username: Gannon

Post Number: 13073
Posted on Thursday, June 12, 2008 - 9:38 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Oh, if you want to put it that way, then I'm in.

I'm about as white as it gets, half Irish and half Polish.

There is NO guilt in me for anything YOU think you are owed, you with the empty soul.

Power to ALL the people, as long as they DON'T put their unchosen race above anyone else's!

As soon as someone comes along and claims superiority, they are immediately excluded from our human race. Disqualified!

Dianeinaustin
Username: Dianeinaustin

Post Number: 44
Posted on Thursday, June 12, 2008 - 9:39 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I'll join. I wondered the same thing and decided it was because of DCL's conclusion. It is is the deed of my house I can not sell to any one of "afrikan" descent.

(Message edited by dianeinaustin on June 12, 2008)

Cub
Username: Cub

Post Number: 480
Posted on Thursday, June 12, 2008 - 11:23 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Gannon you are white? LOL

Cub
Username: Cub

Post Number: 481
Posted on Thursday, June 12, 2008 - 11:30 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Dianeinaustin, Its not racist. I chimed in on the black justice league thread for the same reason I started going to the FCS meetups. I wanted to meet people put faces to names( of people who want to meet). I dont agree with some things that are said and I dont believe that checking in is racist.

Supergay
Username: Supergay

Post Number: 147
Posted on Thursday, June 12, 2008 - 11:39 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I dunno, I kind of like that thread. Black forum members get to touch base, discuss some topics that are pretty specific to their concerns free of some white folks chiming in that they need to drop their petty concerns and join the rest of humanity (like ... white humanity? Oh wait, that would be claiming some kind of superiority). Petty concerns to one group can be real concerns to another.

I've posted stuff on this forum in the past regarding my concerns about gay visibility and tolerance in this city only to have straight white men (and boys) tell me that this city is great for gay people because you can go everywhere and just be yourself, completely dismissing (or ignoring) other real issues I was trying to raise.

So I took the conversation elsewhere and had a really good reasonable discussion with several gay forum posters which helped me realize I was not alone in finding attitudes in the city a little (lot) backward.

So I say, let the Black Roll Call continue. It kind of makes me want to start a Gay Members on DetroitYes Roll Call.

Ragtoplover59
Username: Ragtoplover59

Post Number: 270
Posted on Thursday, June 12, 2008 - 11:40 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

400 yrs, and all this time I thought this was about the USA

Bigglenlake
Username: Bigglenlake

Post Number: 73
Posted on Thursday, June 12, 2008 - 12:04 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I won't join because I don't like most white people. Just a personal preference I suppose.

Dianeinaustin
Username: Dianeinaustin

Post Number: 46
Posted on Thursday, June 12, 2008 - 12:25 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I agree with Gannon about the empty soul. This person exudes negative attitude. why isn't the village getting rid of all the thugs that make Detroit neighborhoods unsafe for the innocent? These thugs are not being brought up to be respectful of anyone or thing. Hence the destruction they cause. Are these the type of people that Keiara was speaking about?

(Message edited by dianeinaustin on June 12, 2008)

Kimistree
Username: Kimistree

Post Number: 147
Posted on Thursday, June 12, 2008 - 2:53 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I agree with Supergay's post #147. Well said.

You SHOULD start the Gay members on DetroitYes roll call.

Bigglenlake

Post Number: 77
Posted on Thursday, June 12, 2008 - 3:18 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Yeah! Start it !

Kathinozarks

Post Number: 1283
Posted on Thursday, June 12, 2008 - 4:47 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

"Gannon Says, :As soon as someone comes along and claims superiority, they are immediately excluded from our human race. Disqualified!"
---------------

That's a perfect credo!

Mostly, I haven't read anything on the Black Roll Call that is illuminating about the black experience. I think that we ALL have completely different experiences in life.

Black people just type 'checking in' and then nothing happens. Is there a social group that meets somewhere every week? Are they forming a 'blacks only' civic organization to help clean up and help the City?

Using terms like 'village' doesn't make it different than using the word 'neighborhood'. It's the same thing, different word.

Very separatist, if you ask me. Only because of the hateful attitude towards whites of the originator.

Also, gay people rock. Especially someone who has the flair and humor to call themselves Supergay! Rock on!

56packman
Username: 56packman

Post Number: 2316
Posted on Thursday, June 12, 2008 - 6:40 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

What are you talking about? I did it last March

https://www.atdetroit.net/forum/mes sages/10041/132216.html?120691 7796

Bigb23
Username: Bigb23

Post Number: 1883
Posted on Thursday, June 12, 2008 - 10:02 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I'm not white, I'm 1/4 Native American, who just happens to have blond hair and blue eyes.

Tell it to the Fed's.

Mayor_sekou
Username: Mayor_sekou

Post Number: 2433
Posted on Thursday, June 12, 2008 - 10:09 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

This is racist! Im offended! Why are you singling out all of the white members? What is this a white power thread? lol. I think I might troll here like some do on the darker thread.

Bigglenlake

Post Number: 82
Posted on Thursday, June 12, 2008 - 10:34 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

It looks to be a little boring over on this side of the tracks Mayor. No one like Black_soul to get the party started!

Django
Username: Django

Post Number: 896
Posted on Friday, June 13, 2008 - 12:29 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

"As soon as someone comes along and claims superiority, they are immediately excluded from our human race. Disqualified!"

Well put G.

Djangos Superior White Crackers, checkin in.

Django
Username: Django

Post Number: 897
Posted on Friday, June 13, 2008 - 12:32 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Cub, Your Black?? WTF.

Supergay
Username: Supergay

Post Number: 148
Posted on Friday, June 13, 2008 - 12:45 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

quote:

Using terms like 'village' doesn't make it different than using the word 'neighborhood'. It's the same thing, different word.

Don't tell that to the hausfraus at iVillage!

Jams
Username: Jams

Post Number: 8979
Posted on Friday, June 13, 2008 - 1:06 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I demand a thread devoted to ... aww, shit, never mind.

And I'm serious!

Grumpyoldlady
Username: Grumpyoldlady

Post Number: 138
Posted on Friday, June 13, 2008 - 8:19 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

What about a fat old gray haired lady thread?

Detroitrise
Username: Detroitrise

Post Number: 2351
Posted on Friday, June 13, 2008 - 9:33 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Ah, gotta love Detroit City USA...

Bobj
Username: Bobj

Post Number: 4481
Posted on Friday, June 13, 2008 - 12:38 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

blk_soul

I am white, my family has lived in America about 70 years, I don't feel guilty for anything.

Downriviera
Username: Downriviera

Post Number: 666
Posted on Friday, June 13, 2008 - 2:42 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I know what you are, but what am I?

Pee Wee Herman

Bearinabox
Username: Bearinabox

Post Number: 692
Posted on Friday, June 13, 2008 - 3:30 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

quote:

It looks to be a little boring over on this side of the tracks Mayor. No one like Black_soul to get the party started!

Where's Miss_cleo when you need her?

Tarkus
Username: Tarkus

Post Number: 531
Posted on Friday, June 13, 2008 - 4:16 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I'm white, i'm fat, I drive a Ford pickup but no confederate flag on it. And necks not red. LOL whtsoulpwr

Kathinozarks

Post Number: 1286
Posted on Friday, June 13, 2008 - 8:45 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Ha ha Jams - too funny.
Supergay, who are the hausfraus at iVillage?
Where did Miss_cleo go?

glad to see everyone getting into the spirit of the thing - and Supergay - way to go on your own thread!

Sean_of_detroit
Username: Sean_of_detroit

Post Number: 742
Posted on Saturday, June 14, 2008 - 3:47 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I prefer to say I'm multi-racial, or whatever they call it.

It supposedly really puts a wrench in their whole racial grouping plans.

For some reason, many CEOs and business owners think they have no idea how to advertise in any area that is not predominately white. Like there is some magical formula. I'd like to call racism, but I think it's just plain old fashioned stupidity. It could be more money in their pockets. Greed usually trumps racism, doesn't it?

There are some small differences between people born here, and people who migrate here. But when it comes to those born here, I see very little, if any difference

Servite76
Username: Servite76

Post Number: 41
Posted on Saturday, June 14, 2008 - 11:19 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Great thread, I'm already a member on Black Roll Call. I'll join this one too.

Bigb23, I'm almost 1/2 Native American(Wyandot) with blond hair(what I have left of it)and blue eyes.

Maybe we could start a Native Americans on DetroitYes Roll Call.

(Message edited by Servite76 on June 14, 2008)

Jcole
Username: Jcole

Post Number: 1707
Posted on Saturday, June 14, 2008 - 12:52 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Grumpy, I'm in for the fat, grey haired, middle aged woman thing.

(Message edited by jcole on June 14, 2008)

Austinjohn
Username: Austinjohn

Post Number: 337
Posted on Saturday, June 14, 2008 - 7:44 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Can I check in as both white and gay?

Gannon
Username: Gannon

Post Number: 13091
Posted on Sunday, June 15, 2008 - 11:36 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I think you just DID, Aj! heh

Gnome
Username: Gnome

Post Number: 1358
Posted on Monday, June 16, 2008 - 9:53 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

On my maternal side: from County Monaghan, Ireland to Commerce Twp, 1849. Her English part 1623 from Essex to Massachucets, her Dutch/German part 1640's to New Amsterdam. The Dutch moved to Upper NY in the 1790's then Pontiac, Michigan in 1820's. The English part moved to PA during the 1740's and to Walled Lake in 1857.

Father's side: Germany to a german colony in Cullman, Alabama 1885 then to Pontiac in 1930.

Guess that makes me a white guy.

Kathinozarks

Post Number: 1304
Posted on Monday, June 16, 2008 - 7:14 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Gnome, that makes you KING WHITE GUY!

I wish someone (other than me) would take the time to research my ancestry.

D_mcc
Username: D_mcc

Post Number: 784
Posted on Friday, June 20, 2008 - 3:25 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Dear Daddy's side:

Grandmother's grandmother from the County Cork, Grandfathers, father from the County Kerry, with a pinch of Slovak thrown in for flavor

Mothers Side:

From the great wine-producing regions of france, and french canadian fur traders thrown in, with some huron sprinkled on to keep the irish side of me from getting sun-burned.

Mom's Parents from SW Detroit, members of the Holy Redeemer Parish before moving to Dearborn after the war.

Fathers Parents from Corktown before moving to Dearborn after the war.

Kathinozarks

Post Number: 1327
Posted on Friday, June 20, 2008 - 9:06 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Mom's side is fully German.

Dad's side is Irish (Scottish way back).

Both sets of grandparents came over "on the boat" from "the old country". Entered through Ellis Island.

We are truly quite diverse, even though we all have light-colored skin.

Ray1936
Username: Ray1936

Post Number: 3282
Posted on Friday, June 20, 2008 - 9:09 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

8th great grandparents were John Alden and Priscilla Mullins of the Mayflower. So I've been here since 1620.

Kathinozarks

Post Number: 1328
Posted on Friday, June 20, 2008 - 9:13 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

You've been here a long time, Ray. Do you know much more than everyone else about John and Priscilla? Documents? Would be special to have them.

Terryh
Username: Terryh

Post Number: 813
Posted on Friday, June 20, 2008 - 9:38 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

German-Irish-French-supposedly a dash of dose of native American thrown in the mix. I want to be Italian. Love the clothes-food-movies.

D_mcc
Username: D_mcc

Post Number: 791
Posted on Sunday, June 22, 2008 - 12:42 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Well Terry...just remember...among Italians...it was all greaseball shit...

GUESS THE MOVIE!

Evelyn
Username: Evelyn

Post Number: 322
Posted on Sunday, June 22, 2008 - 4:02 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Northern European mutt here... French, Polish, German, Irish, Scottish, English, Welsh. Whew!

Grumpy, can a grouchy young woman join? How about a Female Members of DetroitYes Roll Call?

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.