Discuss Detroit » Archives - Connections II » Tryin to get to Petoskey area, or Traverse city May 31 « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Django
Username: Django

Post Number: 340
Posted on Sunday, May 11, 2008 - 4:35 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Im trying to get to my friends wedding on Sat, May 31 no later than 3:30pm. The wedding is in Interlochen near Traverse City. I could possibly go Friday the 30 and be dropped off in Petoskey, actually about 11 miles south in Walloon Lake. I could split the gas or even possibly work out a trade for a cabin to stay at in Walloon Lake as I have different cabins at my disposal. Am also looking for a ride back Sunday if that would be possible.

Dds
Username: Dds

Post Number: 620
Posted on Sunday, May 11, 2008 - 8:04 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Indian Trails buses go to Walloon Lake.

Kenp
Username: Kenp

Post Number: 1088
Posted on Monday, May 12, 2008 - 11:27 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Thats quite a long way from Walloon Lake to Interlochen.
Im curious about Walloon Lake, on my way to Boyne I came up on the Lake, It looks great. Are there a lot of places to stay. Any info would be helpful.
I think your best bet for the wedding is take a bus to Interlochen, then hook up with a local at the wedding.

Django
Username: Django

Post Number: 345
Posted on Monday, May 12, 2008 - 12:45 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I may have found my ride, but Im not betting on it.
Kenp, You want to talk to Big D. sweet ol man, his real name is Joe Breidenstein. He has all the hook ups you would want if you want to stay in Walloon or near there. If youve been by there you probably drove right by One of his houses. His E mail is babyjoe@chartermi.net

He does some mushroom weekend outings in the spring and fall. There a lot of fun, and he makes a great sufflet <SP? I now know he has some openings May 23, 24, and 25th. Hes the one to talk to about Walloon. Call him Big D and hell probably know who sent you his. I tried to put up his site but Im doing something wrong. Anyone interested in Mushrooms should just e mail him and hell gladly send you the info.

(Message edited by django on May 12, 2008)

Pgn421
Username: Pgn421

Post Number: 589
Posted on Thursday, May 22, 2008 - 12:49 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

django-wish i could help you.im going that way June 10th

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.