Discuss Detroit » Archives - Connections II » GLASS @ HOME - Sat. April 26th - 3-9 PM - ART, HOME DESIGN « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Mackcreative
Username: Mackcreative

Post Number: 221
Posted on Thursday, April 17, 2008 - 10:45 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Please join us for an open house in our newly (and creatively) rehabilitated home in Detroit's Woodbridge Historic District on

Saturday April 26th from 3-9 PM in celebration of Michigan Glass Month.

Many of you are aware of our struggle to make a house, vacant for over ten years, into a livable home; as we near completion we pause to celebrate and share some of our other artistic pursuits. If you saw the house at an earlier stage, or kept up with my frustrated blog this is your chance to see the results. We will also be showing fine glass art in its natural context, as a component of interior design, with selected pieces by area glass artists:

Jeff Mack
Barbara Schnetzer
Brent Swanson
Marc Vandenburg
Josh Wojick
Phillip Yamron

4236 Commonwealth St.
Detroit, MI 48208

http://www.jeffmackglass.com
http://www.michiganglass.org

(Message edited by mackcreative on April 18, 2008)

Mackcreative

Post Number: 223
Posted on Wednesday, April 23, 2008 - 3:03 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

The mackcreatives will be on WDET's "Detroit Today" on Friday at 11:15AM to discuss this event, living, working, creating, and growing in the city of Detroit. Hope you can tune in or stop by the opening!

Jfried
Username: Jfried

Post Number: 1137
Posted on Wednesday, April 23, 2008 - 11:38 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I think it's great that you're inviting the public to check out your work!

I'm at ASWD finding stuff for my own project almost every saturday, so since I'll be in your hood I'm definitely going to do my best to stop by.

Mackcreative

Post Number: 224
Posted on Thursday, April 24, 2008 - 1:44 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Thanks for the support Jfried, our front doors and porch columns are from ASWD. We both donated and bought a lot of material there.

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.