Discuss Detroit » Archives - Connections II » Paging anybody, Help! tponetom « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Tponetom
Username: Tponetom

Post Number: 286
Posted on Monday, March 31, 2008 - 4:54 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I am the first to admit that as old as I am, I am also a "babe in the woods' when it comes to the intricacies of my own computer and the internet.
The problem: This morning I entered my username on a Google Search and got all kinds of 'hits.'
Including many that seem to be attached to the following: something about hot, and fudge and detroit

My question: What on earth are those particular words doing, consorting with me?

I don't know nuthin' 'bout pumpkin stew?

I just tried, in this message, to insert the url of the above 'fudge" and got a "format error" notice. ??????????????

Does anyone have a clue as to what I am talking about.

Johnlodge
Username: Johnlodge

Post Number: 5878
Posted on Monday, March 31, 2008 - 5:07 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Ehhhh... Don't worry about it, Tponetom. It's not just you, or anything you've done.

Jams
Username: Jams

Post Number: 8138
Posted on Monday, March 31, 2008 - 5:15 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Ignore it as many of us here do.

Some of us appreciate the way you express your thoughts, others may not.

But still continue with your wonderful ways of telling your stories for those of us who appreciate them.

Critics have been described as those who can't do, can't teach, therefore they bitch about those that can.

Jams
Username: Jams

Post Number: 8142
Posted on Monday, March 31, 2008 - 5:45 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Plus you're setting off a feeding frenzy of trying to out-quipe each other.

Ravine
Username: Ravine

Post Number: 2151
Posted on Monday, March 31, 2008 - 5:53 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Tponetom, there is another Detroit-based internet forum, whose name involves those words, where they spend a considerable amount of energy on poking fun at this forum. On that forum, they make fun of everything, so if you, also, are receiving that treatment, do not be alarmed or personally offended.

Perhaps you have noticed that our moderator has this forum programmed to spit up blood if any of us attempts to directly refer to that other forum.

Tponetom
Username: Tponetom

Post Number: 287
Posted on Monday, March 31, 2008 - 6:20 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Ravine, et al
I will sleep easy tonight knowing that I have not started a war of words. That other site shall remain nameless. It agitated me thinking some one was paraphrasing my "Iron Ore Stew" post with something inferior. I do have some pride about how my words are used.
And by the by, this particular post, and more important the answers, helps validate my statement of Dinosaurs.
This old Dinosaur needs the help from younger ones. Their brains are not yet pickled by posterity.
Thank You

Ravine

Post Number: 2154
Posted on Monday, March 31, 2008 - 6:30 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

They probably did something wacky with, or about, that post, but don't be agitated; they're just horsing around.

Barnesfoto
Username: Barnesfoto

Post Number: 4914
Posted on Monday, March 31, 2008 - 11:06 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Some people waste lots of time on one internet forum or another. Others waste even MORE time on MULTIPLE internet forums.

Craig
Username: Craig

Post Number: 694
Posted on Tuesday, April 01, 2008 - 7:57 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Parody, satire & free expression are the calling cards of that other site. In other words, a nice complement to DY when comments, posters, and even threads seem to get smoked at will by powers that be.

Eriedearie
Username: Eriedearie

Post Number: 1195
Posted on Tuesday, April 01, 2008 - 8:55 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

IMO some people on that other site copy and paste from here onto their site because they feel the need, every once in a while, to read something written by an intelligent and articulate person.

Gannon
Username: Gannon

Post Number: 12100
Posted on Tuesday, April 01, 2008 - 9:13 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

No worries Tp, if they are attempting to skewer you, you have done something worth their efforts.

I do so miss their commentary, but catch it occasionally from others.

Cris
Username: Cris

Post Number: 506
Posted on Wednesday, April 02, 2008 - 6:57 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

When they copied one of my posts on that forum, I felt like I had finally arrived!

Ravine

Post Number: 2161
Posted on Wednesday, April 02, 2008 - 9:46 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Eriedearie: Don't flatter ourself. I believe that they are utterly sincere in their implied assertion that we are bumbling, self-righteous buffoons.

I can't imagine why.

Kathinozarks
Username: Kathinozarks

Post Number: 1133
Posted on Wednesday, April 02, 2008 - 10:37 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I just checked and they made fun of me - cool!

But, how do they know that I moved from GPP to Arkansas? Do they read ALL posts, or do they know who I am?

Eriedearie
Username: Eriedearie

Post Number: 1219
Posted on Thursday, April 03, 2008 - 12:54 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Oh Ravine - I wasn't referring to myself when I posted that. I was referring to Tponetom.

Mayor_sekou
Username: Mayor_sekou

Post Number: 2180
Posted on Thursday, April 03, 2008 - 1:44 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Yeah I was pleased when I got a stupid Post Du Jour a little while ago or was it a Spelling Error Du Jour? Why does everything end with Du Jour? Dammit now I am going to go lurk over there now and maybe ask that same question when they copy and paste this thread.

Mikeg
Username: Mikeg

Post Number: 1550
Posted on Thursday, April 03, 2008 - 10:11 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I would bet that it is a reference to AIW's Photo du Jour series of posts.

Mayor_sekou
Username: Mayor_sekou

Post Number: 2183
Posted on Thursday, April 03, 2008 - 12:18 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

LOL, it worked.

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.