Discuss Detroit » Archives - Connections II » Rothbury Music Festival in western Michigan « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Bigjeff
Username: Bigjeff

Post Number: 152
Posted on Thursday, February 14, 2008 - 10:04 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I had an email explaining to me that they are in the final stages of this music festival becoming a reality. With this lineup, Rothbury will compete with the likes of Bonnaroo, and Lollapalooza!

Here is a link to the website. Sounds like a great cause, and a great time to be had!www.rothburyfestival.com

Lineup even includes Detroit's own Bettye Lavette!

Norwalk
Username: Norwalk

Post Number: 204
Posted on Thursday, February 14, 2008 - 10:23 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Beth Orton and Ray Lamontagne ?? How sweet!

Johnlodge
Username: Johnlodge

Post Number: 5091
Posted on Thursday, February 14, 2008 - 10:38 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

quote:

The ROTHBURY Think Tank is an event within the event, offering various buzz sessions and roundtables between leading scientists, scholars, writers, progressive political and corporate leaders, youth leaders, entertainers, and…you.

The ROTHBURY community will huddle in intimate settings, engage in exciting discussions via closed circuit TV and radio, and powwow in informal gathering spaces throughout the weekend.

Discussions to include:
- Who's got some herb?
- Should Phil Lesh be allowed to sing?
- Who's got some herb?
- Dude!
and much, much more!

Dan
Username: Dan

Post Number: 1503
Posted on Friday, February 15, 2008 - 9:31 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Seems like a cool location (Beach on Lake Michigan, inland lakes, cabins to rent, indoor and outdoor stages, old stupid frontier town, live theater sprinkled into the entertainment) and an alright line up.

Tickets seem pretty expensive considering the size of the line up (GA ticket is $244, VIP is $475 and as of now there are ~60 acts listed). In comparison Lollapalooza tickets are $100 in advance, and there are over 100 bands.

If they announced another 30 or so bands, and there were some good names in there, I would certainly consider going over Lollapalooza, but right now it just seems to expensive.

Spaceman_spiff
Username: Spaceman_spiff

Post Number: 110
Posted on Saturday, February 16, 2008 - 11:58 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I'm gonna try like hell to win some tickets one way or another, this sounds like a great event! Unfortunately, I am chronically poor, so free tickets are the only way for me to get there.

-spiff

Oldredfordette
Username: Oldredfordette

Post Number: 3981
Posted on Monday, February 25, 2008 - 3:48 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

That really looks cool, especially with the cabin/hotel option.

Alsodave
Username: Alsodave

Post Number: 886
Posted on Tuesday, February 26, 2008 - 4:20 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

LOL @Johnlodge!

It's close to home, it's a great lineup, the cabin options *are* cool, but that price...

I'll just settle for the Ratdog concert in Royal Oak next month...

Ladyinabag
Username: Ladyinabag

Post Number: 406
Posted on Friday, February 29, 2008 - 4:00 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Primus will be there July 4.

Bigb23
Username: Bigb23

Post Number: 631
Posted on Friday, February 29, 2008 - 7:11 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Anybody been to Turtle lake?
I seem to remember Blue Oyster Cult and others playing a festival there.

Matt_the_deuce
Username: Matt_the_deuce

Post Number: 800
Posted on Friday, February 29, 2008 - 9:58 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

One potential conflict is that it's on July 4th weekend.

Kids are gonna have to tell their families to bug off.

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.