Discuss Detroit » Archives - Connections II » A Call from My Brother. Tponetom « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Tponetom
Username: Tponetom

Post Number: 207
Posted on Tuesday, January 29, 2008 - 8:04 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I wrote that "Bank" post yesterday, Monday.
This morning, Tuesday, Jan. 29, I received a telephone call from my brother, Tim, who lives near Cadieux and E. Warren. He works for the City of Detroit in the Plumbing Department as an inspector. He told me his 'cancer' had returned.
I thought to myself, "Oh, shit." Tim is nine years and three days younger than I am.
Thirteen years ago Tim was rushed to Saratoga General Hospital. He was coughing up blood. The diagnosis was cancer and he had three weeks to live. Later, at the Veterans Hospital in Allen Park?? or where ever, It was diagnosed as a "Mold." They took out part of his lung and he lived happily ever after, for about ten years. Two years ago he developed a lump on his pancreas. Now that is as bad as you can get. But they excised it at the U. of M. Hospital and found it to be benign. A year later some cancer cells showed up in one lung. they tried to treat it with Chemo and it seemed to work, until a few days ago. He told me that it had traveled to his lymph nodes.
After we finished our conversation, I reached into my nostalgia box and remembered how babies, like little brothers and sisters were born. I'll post another memory.

Mama_jackson
Username: Mama_jackson

Post Number: 270
Posted on Tuesday, January 29, 2008 - 8:43 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Tponetom - I know how you feel. My heart goes out to you and your brother. May God bless you both.

Ray1936
Username: Ray1936

Post Number: 2631
Posted on Tuesday, January 29, 2008 - 9:18 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Likewise. :-(

Eriedearie
Username: Eriedearie

Post Number: 703
Posted on Wednesday, January 30, 2008 - 8:23 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

You and your brother are in my prayers.

Goat
Username: Goat

Post Number: 10071
Posted on Wednesday, January 30, 2008 - 8:56 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

The lymph nodes are a tough one to beat. It can be done but it is very difficult. My Father passed away from cancer in his lymph nodes.

Share as much time as you can with him now because regardless of what doctors say you never know how long you will have with him. It can be as sort as a year and a half or maybe ten or more years. Just enjoy the time you have now.

Prayers for your brother and your family.

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.