Discuss Detroit » Archives - Connections II » Jjaba hits 6,000 posts, what does he win? « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Jjaba
Username: Jjaba

Post Number: 6003
Posted on Monday, January 21, 2008 - 11:45 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

That's right, jjaba hits 6,000 posts. What does he win?
Send him some Forum-love.

jjaba on the Far Westside.

Ray1936
Username: Ray1936

Post Number: 2581
Posted on Monday, January 21, 2008 - 11:56 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Jjaba gets a free ride on the Dexter bus. Just ask for a reciept and send it to me; I shall re-imburse you.

I expect there are some who will offer you a tour of the east side. Please resist your temptation to guffaw, and just quietly decline the offer with thanks. We hate to offend those poor, lost souls out Gratiot way.

That said, I'm looking forward to the next 6,000 posts!

The_rock
Username: The_rock

Post Number: 2087
Posted on Monday, January 21, 2008 - 12:44 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

If you will promise me that you will quit posting and allow me to catch up with you, I'll mail you the sign that used to hang outside the old print shop at Cass Tech. I am still trying to track down its current whereabouts, but since I still have about 3913 post to go before hitting the "Big 6", I have ample time to contact Lonnie Bates who always has the inside scoop where everyone is and everything is located.
Just think---the old printing room sign. That should really knock your socks off--literally---and thus qualify you to live a summer in GP.
CONGRATS in the meantime!!

Eriedearie
Username: Eriedearie

Post Number: 641
Posted on Monday, January 21, 2008 - 1:06 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Jjaba: Congratulations on hitting the six thousand mark!

I enjoy your posts and there for a while you weren't posting. I missed ya, man!

Anyway, should the lure of wanderlust grab you, I volunteer to take you on a tour of a lovely little town called East Pointe (formerly East Detroit). That's where I lived and prospered in the Metro Detroit Area. I think you would enjoy the tour! Maybe when you summer in GP as The_Rock suggests, we can set something up! :-)

Aiw
Username: Aiw

Post Number: 6511
Posted on Monday, January 21, 2008 - 1:16 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Congratulations, jjaba is finally catching up to AIW, and it only took you 50 months!

9936sussex
Username: 9936sussex

Post Number: 77
Posted on Monday, January 21, 2008 - 2:02 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Jjaba: Congratulations on the 6000th post! I always enjoy your informative posts! Hope there are many more!

Johnlodge
Username: Johnlodge

Post Number: 4713
Posted on Monday, January 21, 2008 - 2:33 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Congrats on your 6000 posts, jjaba. We are 6000 tidbits more informed for them.

Detroit_stylin
Username: Detroit_stylin

Post Number: 5430
Posted on Monday, January 21, 2008 - 3:09 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Jjaba you win an all expense paid trip to the land across Woodward ave known as the East side!

Mortgageking
Username: Mortgageking

Post Number: 28
Posted on Monday, January 21, 2008 - 3:37 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

How-abouts a kiss on the balls?

Kenp
Username: Kenp

Post Number: 995
Posted on Monday, January 21, 2008 - 4:20 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Thats a lot of posts, and good ones at that.
Thank you for enlightening us with your knowledge.

Jams
Username: Jams

Post Number: 7471
Posted on Monday, January 21, 2008 - 5:12 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Jjaba, I award you a ride on the Dexter bus to the Bagel and an order of blueberry blintzes to die for (with or without a Vernor's).

Mazel tov.

Thanks for the memories, my friend.

56packman
Username: 56packman

Post Number: 2009
Posted on Monday, January 21, 2008 - 6:36 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Vay is Meer!

Don't forget some schmeer for that bagel!

Gibran
Username: Gibran

Post Number: 1579
Posted on Monday, January 21, 2008 - 9:10 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

jjaba: already won...a lifetime honorary Denby Tar...awarded recently at the corner of Seven and Kelly road...we understood that you did't want to go that deep into paradise... so we could have arranged for Gratiot reception. Really enjoy your insightful posts....

in the words of Wally Cox....dam what did he say again? oh well ... "There's no need to fear, Underdog is here". He will get you safely back to the westside.

(Message edited by gibran on January 21, 2008)

Ray1936

Post Number: 2586
Posted on Monday, January 21, 2008 - 9:19 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Jjaba, that's three invites for a tour to the east side. I am sending a rope -- a long rope -- for you to tie to a lamppost at Wyoming and Schoolcraft. Hang on to the other end at all times so you can find your way back.

Jjaba

Post Number: 6005
Posted on Monday, January 21, 2008 - 11:14 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Ray1936, fear not. jjaba will pack a lunch, check battery and tires, and carry a gallon of water for any foray to the Eastside. Daddy is buying him a GPS for the '57 Ford. But the rope idea is a sound one.

jjaba, on his Detroit Times route.

The_rock
Username: The_rock

Post Number: 2088
Posted on Tuesday, January 22, 2008 - 11:54 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Wyoming and Schoolcraft, heh? I didn't know they had electric lights on the West side.

Ray1936

Post Number: 2587
Posted on Tuesday, January 22, 2008 - 12:22 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Just the light poles, Rock. Someone swiped all the copper wiring........

Jjaba

Post Number: 6006
Posted on Tuesday, January 22, 2008 - 1:05 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Actually, Alexander Graham Bell-Kowalski at Wyoming and Schoolcraft was the first telephone pole.

A lotta people don't know that the Polish lived over here. Ofcourse, all the good kielbasa moved to Livonia. Hamtramck had no market on Poles.

jjaba, lovely on the Westside.

Karl
Username: Karl

Post Number: 10001
Posted on Wednesday, January 23, 2008 - 9:49 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Jjaba, I shall open one eye and typing hand long enough to congratulate you on 6,000 witty, informative (and for this Gentile, sometimes mysterious - compelling me to deeper thought & further research) posts on life in Detroit, often from a Jewish perspective. The "horse & wagon" posts are gold, providing first-hand insight and witness to a segment of Detroit history never to be seen again, and perhaps undocumented elsewhere as beautifully as you've done here.

Our Henderson branch of DPD has, surprisingly, slipped up by not offering you a tour of the west side - of the United States. You may redeem your prize by emailing me:

bigdogcoke@yahoo.com

And now I shall slip back into hibernation, refraining from further comment until perhaps after the election, much to the delight & relief of most on DY.

Godspeed, jjaba!

Mayor_sekou
Username: Mayor_sekou

Post Number: 1839
Posted on Wednesday, January 23, 2008 - 11:22 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Well Hey Karl! How's it hanging?

Ray1936

Post Number: 2589
Posted on Wednesday, January 23, 2008 - 11:33 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

West side of the United States? Hey, there's a thought. But Jjaba's been there, done that. (Wonder if he's ever been to the east side of Henderson, though???)

Jjaba

Post Number: 6010
Posted on Wednesday, January 23, 2008 - 2:16 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Two in Henderson now? jjaba can meet you at the Detroit Coney Island there when he gets enough money to gamble it away.

Karl, all opinions matter on The Forum. Don't let the lefties get you down. You know they're just posing anyways.

And yes, memories of the Detroit Creamery horse and wagon deliveries to our milk chutes, cream rising to the top. jjaba remembers clearly because on Northlawn, we were customers. We had a coal chute also for the stoker coal.

jjaba.

Vetalalumni
Username: Vetalalumni

Post Number: 891
Posted on Wednesday, January 23, 2008 - 3:27 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Jjaba shall receive accolades for interesting posts and consistently communicating in third person (entertaining in and of itself).

Ray1936

Post Number: 2591
Posted on Wednesday, January 23, 2008 - 5:27 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

The ice truck just went by. I grabbed a large chunk that had been chipped off a 100-lb block. It's in the mail, Jjaba.........

Jjaba

Post Number: 6012
Posted on Wednesday, January 23, 2008 - 9:32 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Does Ray1936 know Karl? Have two on one for jjaba at the Detroit Coney in Henderson, with a Vernor's.

Did Ray1936 ever join "Old Newsboys" in Detroit?

jjaba, Westsider.

Douglasm
Username: Douglasm

Post Number: 1004
Posted on Thursday, January 24, 2008 - 6:18 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Jjaba wins something absolutely worthless but something he's had for a long time......

.....my respect. He complimented me for hitting 1,000 posts the other day. Jjaba's 6,000+ quality posts put me to shame. Always entertaining and informative......

Ray1936

Post Number: 2598
Posted on Thursday, January 24, 2008 - 12:22 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Jjaba...re: last post. No and no.

65memories
Username: 65memories

Post Number: 512
Posted on Thursday, January 24, 2008 - 9:39 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Jjaba ...congratulations on many, many very informative and entertaining posts. Looking forward to 6000 more. You win a free corned beef and swiss at Boesky's Delicatessen.

Jjaba...6000 posts...2 East side related, 5998 West side related.

Ray1936

Post Number: 2607
Posted on Friday, January 25, 2008 - 11:35 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Ah. But in those two east side posts, he did not knock the east side. He simply noted his confusion about the place, as do I. Streets running at every which way angle, remnants of the ribbon farms intersecting them, and all those dang mayflies in the spring. The east side is strange.

But the people are very nice. Usually.

Jjaba

Post Number: 6015
Posted on Friday, January 25, 2008 - 12:04 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Ray1936, pack a lunch, check your tires, water up the battery, fill the tank on Fenkell.
jjaba, Proudly Westside in 6,000 posts.

East_detroit
Username: East_detroit

Post Number: 1426
Posted on Friday, January 25, 2008 - 12:45 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Jjaba, see me for your tour of the East Side.

Jjaba

Post Number: 6018
Posted on Friday, January 25, 2008 - 2:44 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Entice jjaba. What's so special about East detroit's tour?

jjaba, he's heard stories of danger.

Detroitfats
Username: Detroitfats

Post Number: 21
Posted on Monday, January 28, 2008 - 11:13 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Congratulations JJaba!

Wes'Siide!

Jjaba

Post Number: 6035
Posted on Monday, January 28, 2008 - 3:06 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Detroitfats, welcome to The Forum.
jjaba, Westside Bar Mitzvah Bukkor on the Dexter bus.

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.