Discuss Detroit » Archives - Connections II » Paging Gnome « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Gazhekwe
Username: Gazhekwe

Post Number: 1161
Posted on Sunday, December 16, 2007 - 10:21 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Here is a thread we can pursue discussion about our dads without boring everybody else.

Gnome
Username: Gnome

Post Number: 479
Posted on Sunday, December 16, 2007 - 7:35 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I just set up a new email account just for you: detroit_yes at yahoo dot com

Gazhekwe

Post Number: 1165
Posted on Sunday, December 16, 2007 - 10:59 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

OK, I am heading off to bed now, but I will get with you tomorrow!

Gnome
Username: Gnome

Post Number: 502
Posted on Friday, December 21, 2007 - 4:51 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

gazheke-
I've sent a couple of emails to you but they've been returned.

In short, I'd love to have your dad contact me. No problem, it would be neat to hear of his impressions of the place.

Gazhekwe

Post Number: 1188
Posted on Friday, December 21, 2007 - 4:59 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Great, I did get one message. I don't have spam block so I don't have any idea what happened to your messages. I will forward the one to my dad and see what he says. I need to call him tonight anyway. He loves talking about his career, so I am sure he will want to talk with, and he does e-mail, too.

Gazhekwe

Post Number: 1191
Posted on Friday, December 21, 2007 - 9:04 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Oh, cool, my Dad has sent you a message!

Plymouthres
Username: Plymouthres

Post Number: 388
Posted on Friday, December 21, 2007 - 10:11 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Gaz and Gnome-

I received some very interesting information on the archaeological "dig" that was done at Fort Wayne on the Indian Burial Mound by one of the authors of the recently released Arcadia book. I will forward it to the new e-mail account that Gnome set up for you to peruse as it has some striking observations in it that may be of interest to you. I will send it out asap.

Gazhekwe

Post Number: 1192
Posted on Friday, December 21, 2007 - 10:34 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Thanks! Hopefully Gnome will pass it along to me. I will send him another message so we can see if they get through.

Plymouthres

Post Number: 397
Posted on Friday, December 21, 2007 - 11:22 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

It should be there:it didn't get kicked back.

Gazhekwe

Post Number: 1193
Posted on Friday, December 21, 2007 - 11:28 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

So, I hear you are heading west. Who should I contact over at Ft. Wayne? I miss you already!

Plymouthres

Post Number: 401
Posted on Saturday, December 22, 2007 - 9:27 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Gaz-

I won't be resigning my position in the Coalition, just kind of slowing things down a bit. I will always be there for the Fort, and for Detroit in general, as this is in my blood so to speak and I would never turn my back on a project that I started, even if I'm 1500 miles away.

Subvet is the new connection, but I will promise to lurk here and if I can be of help to you please do not hesitate to ask.

I am trying not to let this move affect me in a negative manner, so I am trying my best not to think of it as leaving, only going away for a brief bit. I will, indeed, miss you, too! It has been my pleasure to sit at the feet of a person such as yourself, who has provided me with so much information about Native Americans and their history.

One favor that I ask is that you doggedly pursue the Indian Mound clean-up with more vigor, as we agree it is a deplorable state. I am counting on you to make the connection with Rick and the NAIA now that I am unable to, and I believe that you are the best choice for heading-up this task.

Thanks again for the education and your friendship here.

Gazhekwe

Post Number: 1198
Posted on Saturday, December 22, 2007 - 9:59 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

BLUSH! Let me just tell you that time and memory serve pretty well as the history tends to accumulate over time. Lots of time...

I do promise to work on that project. It isn't just Rick we want to involve, there are four organizations in our area. Getting them all on the same page is tricky but I think it can be done. Everybody is busy and understaffed, but we know they have the people who can at least provide the guidance.

Best wishes on your new adventure. I love it out there, but the Valley of the Sun tends to be a bit overwhelming. I have high hopes of you getting bit by the water conservation bug out there. Lord knows, somebody needs to shake some sense into the population.

(Message edited by gazhekwe on December 22, 2007)

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.