Discuss Detroit » Archives - Connections II » Anybody use Etrade? « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Pgn421
Username: Pgn421

Post Number: 224
Posted on Tuesday, December 04, 2007 - 8:12 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

how difficult is it to use? Do you have to keep on top of it everyday?

Gazhekwe
Username: Gazhekwe

Post Number: 1043
Posted on Tuesday, December 04, 2007 - 10:15 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

It isn't hard, and how often you keep up with it depends on what you have in there. If you buy stock to hold you won't need to be jumping in all the time. If you like flipping, you will want to watch things more closely.

Bobj
Username: Bobj

Post Number: 3140
Posted on Tuesday, December 04, 2007 - 10:17 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

It is very popular, I have friends that use it and like it

Pgn421
Username: Pgn421

Post Number: 225
Posted on Tuesday, December 04, 2007 - 11:48 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

ok, thanks

Skylark
Username: Skylark

Post Number: 8
Posted on Tuesday, December 04, 2007 - 8:28 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I've been with E*Trade for 8 years. Extremely easy to buy and sell stocks & mutual funds and to have a money market fund which is like a bank account at 5.05% interest. Also very easy to transfer
money from your bank checking or savings account to E*Trade.
I wouldn't go back to a regular broker. E*Trade works great for me.

Frank_c
Username: Frank_c

Post Number: 1441
Posted on Tuesday, December 04, 2007 - 11:03 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Except the folks running it aren't very savy, they almost just tanked the entire outfit, stock went to 3 and change.

Try TD Ameritrade they are not involved in any way or form to the sub prime mess and are the most likely candidates to pull E Trade out of this mess by a buy out(Bottom Fishing)

Mbr
Username: Mbr

Post Number: 263
Posted on Wednesday, December 05, 2007 - 5:31 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I second TD Ameritrade. I've been with them since they were Datek and have never had a problem. Very easy site to use for both basic investors and people making several trades a day. It is also possible TD will buy E Trade.

Terryh
Username: Terryh

Post Number: 589
Posted on Wednesday, December 05, 2007 - 8:48 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Scott trade is a bargain at $7 per trade. I recently signed on but am not sure how easy it is to transfer funds from savings and checking.

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.