Discuss Detroit » Archives - Connections II » "A Christmas Story" at the Redford theatre this weekend « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

56packman
Username: 56packman

Post Number: 1921
Posted on Friday, November 30, 2007 - 8:19 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

You've seen it a hundred times on TBS, but you haven't seen it with a large, lively audience since '83 when it premiered! Come to the Redford theatre this weekend, three showings, Friday night (11/30) at 8:00 PM, Saturday at 2:00 PM and 8:00 PM. The Barton organ will be featured in a half hour overture before the film and the theatre's annual holiday railroad will be running in the orchestra pit.
The Redford theatre is located at 17360 Lahser in northwest Detroit, just north of Grand River. There is free, supervised parking in the theatre's two adjacent lots.

www.redfordtheatre.com

Supersport
Username: Supersport

Post Number: 11722
Posted on Friday, November 30, 2007 - 12:58 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Awesome man! I just picked that movie up on DVD last weekend, as it's always been a Christmas fave of mine. Me and the lady may have to check it out on the big screen, as such opportunities don't come up very often.

Supersport

Post Number: 11723
Posted on Saturday, December 01, 2007 - 9:22 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Did my best to tell others. Got a family with kids and another couple likely joining us. Many other responded, though are attending the Noel Night tonight instead, another event I'll have to hit one of these years.

The_rock
Username: The_rock

Post Number: 2031
Posted on Sunday, December 02, 2007 - 8:31 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Are the model trains set up now at the Redford Theater?

Supersport

Post Number: 11725
Posted on Sunday, December 02, 2007 - 9:51 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Yep, was a pretty sweet train set up. Was a good turnout, despite the weather. My request for some Skynard on the pipe organ did however go unanswered.

They've got some good movies coming to the Theatre over the next few months, Bullit and Blues Brothers will definitely warrant a return.

Oldredfordette
Username: Oldredfordette

Post Number: 3326
Posted on Sunday, December 02, 2007 - 11:47 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

God, I saw Bullit at the Redford when it came out.

Supersport

Post Number: 11727
Posted on Sunday, December 02, 2007 - 4:51 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Wow, I saw Bullit when it first came out on DVD. :-)

Kathleen
Username: Kathleen

Post Number: 2613
Posted on Sunday, December 02, 2007 - 5:41 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I was in 6th grade when I first saw Bullitt at the Harper Theatre in '68 or maybe '69.

It would be nice to watch it again on the big screen as those cars bound up and down the streets of San Francisco!!

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.