Discuss Detroit » Archives - Connections II » Biker bars? « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Lakesuperior
Username: Lakesuperior

Post Number: 202
Posted on Wednesday, November 07, 2007 - 12:16 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

ok, i'm planning a themed night out for my friend's birthday. the theme? biker bars! we're going to the stone house, but what other biker bars (biker friendly-- whatever...) are there in the city? besides the old miami...

thanks!

East_detroit
Username: East_detroit

Post Number: 1243
Posted on Thursday, November 08, 2007 - 12:11 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

How about the one with the big "V" on it at Gratiot and McClellan?

Kinda authentic.

Bigjeff
Username: Bigjeff

Post Number: 138
Posted on Thursday, November 08, 2007 - 12:52 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Ha ha...... not sure you want to take a group of your friends in there unless they have a big "V" on their backs. If I'm not mistaken that is the clubhouse of the local Vigilante's motorcycle club?

(Message edited by bigjeff on November 08, 2007)

Fury13
Username: Fury13

Post Number: 3093
Posted on Thursday, November 08, 2007 - 12:57 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Yeah, that's not a bar, that's the Vigilantes' clubhouse.

Shark
Username: Shark

Post Number: 296
Posted on Thursday, November 08, 2007 - 1:24 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Go to the 16,000 block of West Warren in Detroit. Ask for the Outlaws.

Lakesuperior

Post Number: 203
Posted on Thursday, November 08, 2007 - 4:11 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

you guys aren't being helpful! :-)

hmmm. maybe our tour will only include the stone house. i don't need to be intimidated by the stone house do i??

Bigjeff
Username: Bigjeff

Post Number: 139
Posted on Thursday, November 08, 2007 - 5:13 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

No not at all. Erin's Pub is not in downtown, but it advertises as a biker friendly bar. It is on 14 mile just east of Groesbeck. Heven't been in there in a while. The New Way Bar had a biker night I think on Wednesday nights. You could even see one of the best local bands The Reefermen in there on a Wednesday. Other than that, I am not sure of any other "biker bars."

Ddaydave
Username: Ddaydave

Post Number: 507
Posted on Thursday, November 08, 2007 - 5:31 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

the hell with the biker bars I ride and avoid them .
ever time I go in one its a dude fest do your buddy a favor and take him where the ladies are and look at some eyecandy while having a drink

Urbanpioneer
Username: Urbanpioneer

Post Number: 5
Posted on Friday, November 09, 2007 - 12:56 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

stone house in the 19000 block of Ralston near the state grounds is the real deal.
They also have a web-site: http://thestonehousebar.tripod .com/

Good live music although the venue can be a tad dicey at times

Lakesuperior

Post Number: 204
Posted on Friday, November 09, 2007 - 1:14 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

fyi, i'm a girl and so is my friend! hilarious.

Crew
Username: Crew

Post Number: 1377
Posted on Friday, November 09, 2007 - 3:15 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

ohhhh, that's hot. Biker chicks!

Ddaydave

Post Number: 508
Posted on Friday, November 09, 2007 - 5:52 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

well in that case tonight I recommend erins pub with the orbitsuns playing
http://www.myspace.com/orbitsu ns
http://www.myspace.com/erinpub

Jfried
Username: Jfried

Post Number: 1086
Posted on Friday, November 09, 2007 - 6:03 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

did you see the list of biker friendly bars on the Stonehouse's web site? http://thestonehousebar.tripod .com/id23.html

Lakesuperior

Post Number: 205
Posted on Saturday, November 10, 2007 - 10:48 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

hmmm- i'm guessing you'll be at erin's pub???

i did see that list, but i want all our locations to be in the city proper. thanks though!

well, screw my biker bar theme. we're going to the roller derby, the stone house, the bohemian national home and then wherever... sounds like a damn good birthday night to me!

Ddaydave

Post Number: 509
Posted on Saturday, November 10, 2007 - 1:02 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

roller derby after party @ the new dodge those girls are always fun time.I've been to a few
http://www.myspace.com/detroit derbygirls
BTW Jfreid I wouldn't consider honest johns a biker friendly bar at the old location yes but since he moved to second and cass no

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.