Discuss Detroit » Archives - Connections II » 11/11 3pm Gospel Concert, St. Elizabeth - 5 choirs! « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Daf
Username: Daf

Post Number: 37
Posted on Tuesday, November 06, 2007 - 8:28 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

3138 Canfield at McDougall. Scheduled to appear:

Sacred Heart Choir, Detroit
Madonna University Gospel Choir (their debut!), Livonia
Genesis Lutheran Choir, Detroit
Our Lady of Good Counsel Choir, Detroit
St. Elizabeth Choir, Detroit

I'll be organing with the St. E choir (but no more pedaling - we finally have a bass player - yay!), and keyboarding with the Madonna U choir. Stop by and say hi!

Sacred Heart's choir is amazing - John Thorne is an excellent director, and Jeff's the organist I wish I was. We did a concert a few years ago with Genesis (not to be confused with the new church by that name) - they were excellent too. Madonna's just starting out, choir's still tiny, but give us some time and exposure, we'll grow. Don't know much about Good Counsel, but St. E's I know - lots of spirit, some excellent soloists, and the best people anywhere.

I'd imagine there will be a passing of the hat at some point. And probably a big number that we all do together at the end. And I gar - on - tee that our host, Fr. Norm Thomas, will have something to say. Bet on it.

Blessings,

Daf

Daf

Post Number: 38
Posted on Saturday, November 10, 2007 - 11:26 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

slight change - Genesis is out, Good Shepherd is in.

See ya there.

Daf

Post Number: 39
Posted on Monday, November 12, 2007 - 1:19 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Thanks to all who came - great turnout, and some great music.

No hat-passing. My bad. Hope that didn't scare anyone away.

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.