Discuss Detroit » Archives - Connections II » Cabinet refacing - Any recommendations? « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Crew
Username: Crew

Post Number: 1364
Posted on Tuesday, September 25, 2007 - 3:19 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I'm looking for a contractor to reface my kitchen cabinets. I like the lay out of my kitchen and the cabinets are only 6 years old so they are in good shape. I just don't like the finish on the wood. Has anyone had this done? Any contractors your would recommend that do quality work at a fair price?

Kpm
Username: Kpm

Post Number: 65
Posted on Wednesday, September 26, 2007 - 9:12 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I know people who have used Home Depot and were satisfied with the price, selection, and quality.

Lefty2
Username: Lefty2

Post Number: 216
Posted on Wednesday, September 26, 2007 - 9:24 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

It depends on type of cabinets, wood, varnish, paint on now, what you want to do to them, not enough info.

Crew
Username: Crew

Post Number: 1368
Posted on Thursday, September 27, 2007 - 9:06 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

They are wood Merillat cabinets about 6 years old in an Oak finish. I don't like the Oak grain cabinets but I do like the layout. I'm thinking of having them refaced in a cherry or hickory finish with new doors and drawer fronts.

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.