Discuss Detroit » Archives - Connections II » 'Twenty to Life' Premier « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Jimg
Username: Jimg

Post Number: 939
Posted on Friday, September 21, 2007 - 4:14 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

This from John Sinclair:

Steve Gebhardt and I will be conducting a MICHIGAN PREMIERE TOUR of our film
TWENTY TO LIFE: The Life & Times of John Sinclair and would be delighted if
you could attend a screening near you.

The US Premiere is in Flint on my birthday, 2 October, with details as
below. The opening reception will honor people who are in the film. Jeff
Grand, Pun Plamondon, Genie Parker, Leni Sinclair and others are planning to
be there and we hope you will be able to join them. The Detroit screening is
at MoCAD at Woodward & Garfield on Saturday 6 October, as below.

If you need directions or other information, please contact our tour
manager, Adam Brook, at 313 999 0329 or adamlbrook@hotmail.com. You can check out the film’s web
site at www.twentytolifefilm.com

Lowell
Board Administrator
Username: Lowell

Post Number: 4165
Posted on Friday, September 21, 2007 - 11:42 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

That is a great film. I am surprised it is called a premier. I saw it a couple of years back at the roadhouse in Dearborn along with his former wife Leni Sinclair's excellent MC5 film. I recommend both. Lots of great Detroit era history about a true legend. Maybe the one there was a preview...

Jimg
Username: Jimg

Post Number: 940
Posted on Saturday, September 22, 2007 - 9:37 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

John probably figured 'premier' would bring out more folks...

Bagman
Username: Bagman

Post Number: 97
Posted on Wednesday, October 17, 2007 - 11:46 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Lowell,

The film you saw a few years ago has been edited further and changes were made to the soundtrack.

The MoCAD event was great with lots of old friends coming out to see John and Steve Gebhardt. I would highly recommend that you stop by there and see the currant instillation on WORDS......

If folks are interested in a copy of the DVD please contact adamlbrook@hotmail.com

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.