Discuss Detroit » Archives - Connections II » Decent hotels near wrigley field « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Chitaku
Username: Chitaku

Post Number: 1558
Posted on Thursday, August 16, 2007 - 2:21 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

going to see my second favorite ball team the loveable losers, and I want to find a decent hotel near wrigley so i can enjoy the area for a night, any suggestions?

Fury13
Username: Fury13

Post Number: 2011
Posted on Thursday, August 16, 2007 - 1:06 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Ugh...you're a Cub fan, but hell, I'll send you this info anyway... try this place...

http://www.beldenstratfordhote l.com/home.htm

but get your room through www.hotrooms.com

Better price...

Rrl
Username: Rrl

Post Number: 878
Posted on Thursday, August 16, 2007 - 7:03 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Not too much directly around Wrigley, the closest place I know is the Days Inn Lincoln Park at Diversey and Clark. There are also a couple other small hotels right around that same intersection, can't remember names though.
The area is good and walk-able, lots of good restaurants, bars, etc. It's about a mile south of the ballpark on Clark.

Chitaku

Post Number: 1562
Posted on Thursday, August 16, 2007 - 10:30 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

yeah i'm looking i the general area, to be honest the cubs game is second on the list and eating at chicago diner is first.

Fury13
Username: Fury13

Post Number: 2014
Posted on Thursday, August 16, 2007 - 11:00 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

"...to be honest the cubs game is second on the list..."

Yeah, that's how most Cub fans at Wrigley feel. The game isn't as important as the scene, the beer, the women...

Some of those fans think Sammy Sosa still plays for the Cubs.

Scs100
Username: Scs100

Post Number: 1405
Posted on Thursday, August 16, 2007 - 11:53 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hope your game doesn't turn out like the one I was at last year there. 14 innings + a 1/1/2 hour rain delay. Left after the 12th because of issues pertaining to the next day.

Detroitplanner
Username: Detroitplanner

Post Number: 1357
Posted on Friday, August 17, 2007 - 12:19 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I once awoke in the alley behind the Cubby Bear bar. Does that count?

Chitaku

Post Number: 1563
Posted on Friday, August 17, 2007 - 5:33 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

i'm pumped for the game actually, i went a few weeks ago and the crowd was awesome! they don't even have the "make some noise signs" like we have. obviously he tigers are my first love but i like the cubs too although to convince my lady to go to the game i had to throw in a few trips to chicago diner on the list of things to do.

Mcwalbucksnfitch
Username: Mcwalbucksnfitch

Post Number: 63
Posted on Saturday, September 15, 2007 - 8:01 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Wish I would've seen this when it could help, but every time I go to Chicago I stay at the Best Western Hawthorne Terrace which is located right on Broadway and about 8 blocks from Wrigley Field. I've been more than satisfied as a return guest and the neighborhood is great. I wouldn't suggest any other place for someone looking for a Chicago trip "deluxe". Hope this helps for any future travelling..

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.