Discuss Detroit » Archives - Connections II » Suggestions for pre-game meal near CoPa « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Udmphikapbob
Username: Udmphikapbob

Post Number: 398
Posted on Tuesday, July 31, 2007 - 12:10 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Any suggestions for somewhere to get a quick dinner (thus eliminating Hockeytown and Cheli's from contention) near the ballpark on a weeknight? Detroit Beer Co. is a standby, but speed and service are not their strong suits in my experience. Elwood is always crowded. I was thinking Coach's Corner. Anything else going on in the Harmonie Park (or whatever they are calling it now) area? I guess Greektown is close enough too...

Valkyrias
Username: Valkyrias

Post Number: 471
Posted on Tuesday, July 31, 2007 - 12:25 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

park bar has bucharest grill...i was there before a game once (although i was going to a concert at the fox) and even though it was packed, my friend and i got our chicken shawarmas in under 15 minutes.

Urbanize
Username: Urbanize

Post Number: 1972
Posted on Tuesday, July 31, 2007 - 12:35 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Lola's?

Ddaydave
Username: Ddaydave

Post Number: 487
Posted on Tuesday, July 31, 2007 - 1:53 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I also like the park bar but if you get the shawarmas make sure they go light on the garlic if your on a date. tastes great but you can taste the garlic an hour after you eat it

Ddaydave
Username: Ddaydave

Post Number: 488
Posted on Tuesday, July 31, 2007 - 1:54 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Udmphikapbob you might also want to look at the thread on eastern market

Sharmaal
Username: Sharmaal

Post Number: 1191
Posted on Tuesday, July 31, 2007 - 2:39 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Park Bar - Also, I've gotten in and out at Harrry's.

E_hemingway
Username: E_hemingway

Post Number: 1290
Posted on Tuesday, July 31, 2007 - 3:12 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

If Park Bar isn't an option, try Sweetwater or Jacobys at Brush and Congress.

Gannon
Username: Gannon

Post Number: 9748
Posted on Tuesday, July 31, 2007 - 4:12 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Weekday and night games you've got Checker's, too...they with Harry's have two of the best burgers in the whole town.

It is not a far walk for Greektown, so you can probably sneak in and out of the Golden Fleece without a hitch...or go down to Loco's for some killer chili.

Vivio's in Eastern Market will bus you to the games, they rock. If you don't mind the bus option, then the whole of Michigan avenue is available, like Nemo's.

Gannon
Username: Gannon

Post Number: 9749
Posted on Tuesday, July 31, 2007 - 4:13 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

My first choice WOULD be the Park, garlic notwithstanding, though.

Sit at their round bar and enjoy the best cheap and fast schwarma downtown.

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.