Discuss Detroit » Archives - Connections II » BROWNFIELD REDEVELOPMENT PANEL DISCUSSION « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Robcohon
Username: Robcohon

Post Number: 2
Posted on Wednesday, July 11, 2007 - 3:44 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

PRESS RELEASE
* FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE *
CITYSCAPE DETROIT PRESENTS
BROWNFIELD REDEVELOPMENT: PROCESS, POLICY AND INCENTIVES
(DETROIT, MI – July 11, 2007) – Cityscape Detroit, a Detroit based non-profit group, announced today that it is proud to present an informative panel discussion on “Brownfield Redevelopment: Process, Policy and Incentives.” Robert Colangelo, Chief Executive Officer of the Chicago based National Brownfield Associations, is scheduled to moderate the panel discussion on Tuesday, July 24, 2007 from 4:00 – 6:30 p.m. This panel discussion will focus on all aspects of brownfield redevelopment tax credits, from development and financing to legal and technical issues.

Brownfield redevelopment tax credits are an integral part of redeveloping Detroit in the case of contaminated, blighted or functionally obsolete property. Panel speakers are: Mariangela Pledl, Brownfield Redevelopment Associate Director, Detroit Economic Growth Corp; Doug Brown, Director of Development, ASTI Environmental; Bob Zinser, Housing Consultant, Cass Corridor Neighborhood Development Corp.; Kurt M. Brauer, Partner, Bodman, LLP.

The event will be held at The 55 West Canfield Lofts located at 55 W. Canfield Detroit, Michigan. The event is open to the public. There is a cost of $20, which includes a one year free membership to Cityscape Detroit. For additional information and online payment, please visit www.CityscapeDetroit.org. RSVP at rsvp@CityscapeDetroit.org.

Cityscape Detroit is a non-profit group devoted to good urban planning, urban design, historic preservation, architecture, investment, green spaces, mass transit, interesting streetscapes, pedestrianism, human scale development, urbanism, and the "built environment" in Detroit. Further information about the organization is available at its web site, www.CityscapeDetroit.org.

Rob Cohon
www.CityscapeDetroit.org

Spaceman_spiff
Username: Spaceman_spiff

Post Number: 70
Posted on Wednesday, July 11, 2007 - 4:24 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Great stuff. Brownfields redevelopment is one topic I have wanted to learn more about for some time.

I've had the opportunity to hear one of the speakers, Doug Brown of ASTI, discuss the importance of environmental audits in real estate transactions. He is a gifted speaker and an accomplished businessman.

I will attempt to make this presentation.

-Spiff

Dabirch
Username: Dabirch

Post Number: 2339
Posted on Wednesday, July 11, 2007 - 5:48 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Rob -

You do realize that you are posting about a $20/head event on a forum where people bitch about a $7.00 salad, right?

Gannon
Username: Gannon

Post Number: 9604
Posted on Wednesday, July 11, 2007 - 9:06 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Those don't particularly equate, Dabirch.

I'll avoid a place that hits me an extra buck a pint, but am curious for this enough to have it be a reason to support them.

Sounds like it ain't just tickets to the event.

Cheers!

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.