Discuss Detroit » Archives - Connections II » To: Jb3 & Detroitrulez. 3D « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Tponetom
Username: Tponetom

Post Number: 23
Posted on Sunday, July 01, 2007 - 4:51 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I can't find "dynacism" in my 3 volume Websters or in the Online Oxford. So why don't we use it as an extrapolation of the word, 'dynamics," and it would have a specific meaning, e.g."living in the city.
I had invented? a word when I was in the first grade at Montieth School (next to Annunciation.) \
I called a classmate a "GOOFLICKER." I was severely reprimanded by my teacher. When she asked me what it meant, I just said, "I don't know!" Gooflicker never made into our lexicon.

Detroitrulez: Yes, you found me out. I take Digoxin, (digitalis) to keep my arrythmia in check. I take Warfarin (Coumadin) to keep my blood thin and Lovastatin to keep the cholesterol down as well.
But what is the meaning of the word, "a'moling...) I have never heard it before.

Detroitrulez
Username: Detroitrulez

Post Number: 292
Posted on Sunday, July 01, 2007 - 9:08 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

huh? she said what?
what's a tponetom?

Jb3
Username: Jb3

Post Number: 82
Posted on Wednesday, July 04, 2007 - 12:02 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I think 'gooflicker' needs no explanation or description to portray the underlying intent of its meaning. First one would have to determine exactly what goo constitutes. Thanks Tponetom, i feel particularly reinvigorated to be associated with that of a first grade mentality. I'm glad i decided to check out the other forums on here. Tonight is the first night i have ventured outside the confines of 'Discuss Detroit'. Thanks for posting my initials on the 'connect' forum for me to wonder, what the hell did i do wrong now?

Johnlodge
Username: Johnlodge

Post Number: 911
Posted on Thursday, July 05, 2007 - 10:06 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Oh, Goo Flicker? I was thinking it was Goof Licker. As in one who Licks Goofs, not one who Flicks Goo.

Jb3
Username: Jb3

Post Number: 101
Posted on Thursday, July 05, 2007 - 10:01 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

interesting turn of events. Completely puts new meaning into the term.

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.